Show us mans best friend!

So, we have a couple of new additions to the house. Top left is Echo, a Blue Heeler. He’s been here for a while. Turned out to be a really good dog but, sometimes, he’s quite the asshole. Very protective of the wife.
Top right is Piper, a mixed breed with seperation anxiety, doesn’t like to be left alone.
She moved in about 3 months ago and since then she’s been doing pretty good. I really enjoy having her here.
At the bottom is Moose, a Mastiff puppy. He’s been here about a month. Plays hard with Piper but tends to avoid Echo because, like i said, Echo can be quite the asshole.
All 3 dogs courtesy of my little guy.

9 Likes

That’s awesome! Lots of love

9 Likes

Oh yeah! Puppy thread!!!
I barely have a signal out here, but i just took a video of mom’s 2 pibbles going at it next to me on the sofa. All growls, barks and light pulls on each other’s jowls. I’ll put inon my pc when i get home and try later.

BTW i guess it isn’t a english mastiff? Wife had one when we were dating. HOw i miss that damn 200lb doggy.
She live in an area that was surrounded by bad folks.
We would walk the dog and one day as we came close to a corner, there were at least 7 older teens on bikes. When they saw Franklin Da Pooie they all pretty much ran into each other or fell down trying to turn around and gtf away. LOL
Never saw them casing the street again.

7 Likes

He’s a Cane Corso, also known as an Italian Mastiff, according to my son. Hopefully will only get to about 100 lbs. His sire is 135.

9 Likes

Dogs are the best people!

Cane Corsos are excellent dogs. We had one 12+ years ago. Just fantastic pets but not for all dog owners. Damn! I loved that dog! Everyone who met him thought of him more as human than dog. Even a person who doesn’t much like dogs missed him when he left us. Why is my keyboard getting blurry?

Cane Corsos are thought to be the predecessor of the Rottweiler the Roman war dog.

9 Likes

Oh! Those are great protection dogs for family and livestock, but i think theyy might have to be brought up in that life. Somme people are scared to death of them, but they are awesome!

I have heard that as well.

8 Likes

Yeah they are!

All depends how they are raised. Ours were babies all their lives, but just don’t appear to hurt a baby or their family and they go onto protection mode. Their protective nature comes out automatically. Awesome dogs. I loved the Rotties and Cane Corsos and still do. Nothing but good vibes for them and miss them hugely. Just fantastic dogs if the owners are up to them or they will take over. Due to our age we’ve down sized and gone with a large dog trapped in a small body. Try telling her she’s a small dog. That doesn’t go over well at all but she needs to learn her place in the pack. She wants to be my alpha bitch, but sorry, different species, but I am the alpha male. But it’s “pack think”, and dogs are programmed for that. She’s still my dog, by her choosing, and we mesh. I understand her and she understands me (somewhat). It’ll get better as she learns and gets older. I tell her off, then she tells me off, then she does what I want. Independent for sure. Big dog trapped in a small body telling off a much larger “animal”.

8 Likes

My mom’s 14 moth old pibble is the scariest doggo! She used to just bark at boxes in side out outside.
She once barked for 10 0minutes at the coffee table leg!
I have video of her doing this, but it didn’t transfer from my phone for some reason.
And 2 days ago they (the 6 year old church parking lot rescue pibble) discovered a skink in a large cattle (?) feed container with a lot of dirt inside. I have video of her going crazy and jumping back. At the same time her back legs ruffled an old piece of cardboard from the burn pile and THAT freaked her out and she turned on it and barked.
I’m trying to fix it to post

9 Likes

You just never know when the leg or a box can come alive and create mayhem!
I read somewhere that barking is a way they have of saying, “Stay away!”. Or was the tail wagging? Then I’d take it more to be play. There are also dogs with mental issues, was that behavior that?

8 Likes

She will be 2 weeks old Saturday.

10 Likes

If this works here is rickey “the terrible” jackson (named after one of my all time fave saints players and nice guy to have a beer with).

The story is this: he was sitting on our porch one evening. I come home from darts and the wife has him inside. Of course being dog people, we gave him shelter. i called the number on his tag and a mexican woman answered with the thickest of accents.
“hi. I think i found your dog, ma’am”
“no,no, no. MY dog es blanco”
“what does that have to do with anythng”
(btw he is black as you will see)
“No, my dog no es negro”
So i figured this out pretty quick that she dumped the dog and doesn’t catch her stupidity.
" i didn’t’ say he was black lady"
I said " oh well that’s’ fine. The dog is mine now and you ass doesn’t deserve any dogs. I hereby ban you from any future dog possession!"
And i hung up. Wife is laughing her ass off and smiling ear to ear for a new doggie.

Dammit! i have been trying to transfer form my phone. Sometimes it only shows jpegs and then when it shows videos in a transfer folder, it tells me nothing exists. Then i emaild it to me and THAT new folder it shows up, ,butt doesn’t upload. It just plays.

8 Likes

Too cute Rex. Making me think about getting one again. It will be a year or two. Damn good dogs!

8 Likes

The peak would be the apex of something. In this case, a red German shepherd is the pinnacle of dogdom.

6 Likes

Thanks for the definition of peak and apex. I didn’t have a clue. (I absolutely knew)

Like cartridges what is the breed good for? That’s what matters in breed choice. Now do you have a clue as to what I meant? No one breed is best at all tasks.

7 Likes

I think they all are best at giving and getting love from us.
As for people… went for a early short drive to the beach on a 90+ degree day.
By 10 am…
The summer time shit show has arrived early. Traffic, accidents and garbage all over.
Proving once again…
Most people suck.

BTW, She hit 50 lbs. Seems like yesterday when I bought the peanut home.

9 Likes

She’s so pretty.

8 Likes

Yes she is! They grow so fast.

8 Likes

Denouement!

7 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes