SHTF, How would you treat those who didn't prepare?

Where I live now, I don’t have room for a conventional garden. However, the past 3 years we were able to grow tomatoes, lettuce, strawberries and cucumbers just in buckets on my deck. It was very successful.

7 Likes

In some cases the right attitude might just be good enough to gain admission at my compound. If you’re not a douche, you’re seemingly stable and willing to work, you might just be given a chance…

Cross me once and you’re a fucking dead man walking…

5 Likes

I am very blessed… while my father is nearly 80, he was special forces. From an early age he taught my brother and I some things to stay alive. I did this a bit with my sons. More so now especially with my oldest son. This is a major reason I am moving from Montana. I have friends here… ones I call family! But… with no power and no way to heat a house, you are dead in Montana during the winter.
I am moving back to Puget Sound. Not to Seattle, but to the Olympic Peninsula.
Anywhere south of the Columbia river you are dead…
(In a SHTF scenario)
From where I will be, food, escape, and temperature will help me and my family (I have friends that are closer than blood) survive.
I am not a pansy though… I will eat my enemy. I am a blood thirsty SOB and most people who know me, know this. I will damn near kill myself saving a frog crossing the road, but I will butcher my neighbor’s cat and eat it with out much though.
While it is a hoot to buy news guns, because I love them…
I find myself buying cases of food, ammo, making sure my gear is up to date, and… keeping all the supplies that people do not think about stocked.
This is just NORMAL for me. I do not think about it much. Why? Again… my grandparents, my father, my life experiences.
Being as diversified as possible with as many skills as possible.

7 Likes

:+1:

5 Likes

We were tested by Superstorm Sandy. We passed.
I could see the northeast [or any other demonrat ruined shithole] turning into the apocalypse when the filth’s EBT card goes dead.

We had them cruising the neighborhoods around here on recon.- they saw our front yard guard and made like Jessie Owens.

Pa Trooper working my FIL’s neighborhood was asked “what about looters?”.
He just said “reload fast”

7 Likes

Solid advise!

4 Likes

So, my list has changed since this thread a few months back. My niece, who is the ONLY hunter in our group got married and has now given birth. Now she says she will not be joining the rest of the family if SHTF, instead she is going to her husband’s family to be with them (who are all hunters and have many men in the family). Whereas, my family, is very small and mostly women.

So there goes our hunter and our fisherman.

5 Likes

You’re going to have to sharpen your hunting skills. Sooner rather than later.

4 Likes

Hells bells. I’m studying right now for my HAM license. I’ll have to add hunting to the list, BUT honestly I don’t think I can bring myself to shoot an animal. Really, I don’t. I don’t even like seeing dead animals. When I look at real estate, I’m disgusted by people including pictures of dead deer in the back of their trucks.

Is there a way to learn to hunt without actually killing anything in the process of learning?

6 Likes

nintendo

5 Likes

A person could probably learn the skills of locating and stalking game, by going into the woods with a camera and trying to get pictures of animals, without spooking them.

That, along with target practice, would improve a person’s odds of a successful hunt, if they are in a situation where they need to hunt.

There’s still the issue of dressing and butchering the animal, though.

4 Likes

I have books on my amazon wish list for butchering and such. I need to order them.

As far as the stalking of animals, hell, I can’t walk 10 feet out my door without 8 or 9 cats and 3 dogs following me, but I’ll try. I do love to head out into the woods and take pictures. It’s one of my favorite things to do. I usually search for mushrooms as I enjoy photographing them, but they can’t run away.

I’ll work on this.

5 Likes

actually the camera is quite a good way to learn to stalk - but there is more ways than just shooting something to get food - discounting pointy sticks, there are different methods of trapping and herding too.

4 Likes

:sweat_smile::rofl:

1 Like

can you try fishing and scaling/gutting/cleaning with fish to start with?

6 Likes

You need to take care of family, close friends and they know who they are. Anyone else better bring something to the plate, food, guns, ammo, water. :thinking: or maybe cute as hell and know how to reload.

5 Likes

Yes, that I can do. If I cover the fishes little head with a blanket first so I don’t have to see him looking at me.

6 Likes

According to Nirvana, fish don’t have any feelings

3 Likes
3 Likes

I get that, you should be able to do the same with any squirrel or other tasty animal, you’r good to go :grinning:

4 Likes