SHTF & Sniping

I think not killing people is preferable but there are scenarios(likely scenarios if shtf) where shooting people at long range while hidden might make sense.

4 Likes

Think of the show ā€˜Jerichoā€™ , ambush tactics with snipers wouldve made sense when dealing with a rival towns militia or even taking out their mayor.

2 Likes

I liked Jericho, but am confused with this thread

3 Likes

Whats confusing you?

2 Likes

Did you not read my comments?

Everything in this thread is speculation because everything about an American SHTF is speculation.

You ask for me to share my opinionā€¦ and then get mad when I share my opinion?

Thereā€™s nothing know it all about stating my opinion that 99.99% of the time you would not want to shoot.

Still waiting on your counter arguments.

Iā€™m a bit confused too.

I have to share my opinion but I canā€™t?

Maybe I need to edit every single comment across the entire internet with the statement, ā€œthis is my opinion.ā€

3 Likes

Two leaders in a dispute Iā€™m 99.99% lost by

4 Likes

first off, I never asked you to share your opinion. I only saw your reply of a 99.9 percent certainty on a matter and asked you where you got that from. That simple.

4 Likes

Very simple Robert. He made a statement claiming 99.99 percent certainty and I simply asked him where he gathered the statistics

4 Likes

The thread is on shtf sniping and I posted some videos. We were discussing the validity of it

4 Likes

4 Likes

In my opinionā€¦
Percentages are wrong 94.275% of the time.
But Iā€™m just estimating.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s what I thought too.

But apparently opinions arenā€™t welcome.

Only statistical certainty about a hypothetical situation.

And the only time weā€™re allowed to share percentages is when thereā€™s statistical data? Even though weā€™re discussing a hypothetical situation?

Itā€™sā€¦

ā€¦

Weird.

3 Likes

3 Likes

no need to twist your way out of this one Brian. Statistics and numbers have to come from somewhere they are not opinion! Sometimes when youā€™re arrogancy exceeds your knowledge, itā€™s okay to admit you were wrong or did not know something. you donā€™t always have to have an answer for something you donā€™t know.

2 Likes

Twist my way out of sharing my opinion?

You got me!

I shared my opinion about a hypothetical scenario based on my personal experiences and discussions with experts in various fields.

How dare I!

2 Likes

now that you edited your original comment to being an opinion and your 99% fact statement, it looks much better. you are a very smart and knowledgeable person in your opinion is always welcome. Your original statement, before you changed it whatā€™s showing at almost 100% probability and usually when percentage statements are made there is facts or stats to back that up I merely was asking where you got your information

2 Likes

I think sniping as a skill would have its merits for a small group or community. Im thinking a majority of the time escaping and evading is the answer but ambush tactics with snipers would be something that could and does happen in literal shtf scenarios.

The IRA, Ukranians, Swiss in WW2 and even the minutemen and town militias in the 1700s used the tactic and got the job done.

4 Likes

Btw, Fu** Mark Walberg.

3 Likes

Comments are always opinions.

By your own admission stats are not always pure fact and are sometimes used as opinions.

I used percentages to convey my opinion on a regular basis.

Did anyone else here take my pre-edited comments to think it was statistical data about when you should and shouldnā€™t shoot in a situational and hypothetical situation? Or did you think it was just me sharing my opinion and using a percentage to share my opinion?

You know what, I donā€™t care. Iā€™m going to keep using percentages as a discussion tool to convey my opinion.

3 Likes

How about lets switch topics.

What would your sniper rifle be in shtf?

5 Likes