Sig armorer's courses

Spent the weekend attending Sig’s P320 and Classic series courses. As you would imagine, they aren’t cheap (it’s Sig, after all). And, the prerequisite to get into one can be challenging for some. However, after 4 hours of driving, 3 days in a hotel, a rental car, and the headache of finding one that was remotely close by (seriously, one cat drove 9 hours to be there for just one of the classes), I have them.

The classes were great and I’m certainly glad I went (despite the stress and craziness of getting everything lined up to make it happen). It was very different than the last armorer’s course I took (Hint: It starts with G and rhymes with “lock”). You definitely have to earn these.

Anyone considering these courses should absolutely try to get into them. And, if you have questions about the process or the class, you can find me at Dark Corner Gunworks on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter or at darkcornergunworks.com (Man, I love it when the hyperlinks like that. Lol).

While you’re there, be sure to piss off the social media despots by liking, sharing, suscribing, retweetering, or whatever (Seriously, they really don’t like me some of those places. Lol).

15 Likes

That’s awesome!
Congrats!

12 Likes

Well done, certification isn’t easy or cheep. I hope to start collecting certificates. Right now I’m working on my associates degree for firearms technology. I’m half way through that.

9 Likes

Fantastic!!

6 Likes

Glock armorer’s course, like Glocks and the people who carry them (myself included), are cheap and easy. Lol. The huge selling point is not voiding the warranty to work on them. A Sig classic series will run between a grand and two, usually. And, if it isn’t serviced and/or repaired by someone that is certified by Sig, the warranty is gone. If you pull the grip screws, even with a gunsmithing screwdriver, goodbye, warranty. They cost too much for that. It’s like letting Goober down at the Quik-Lube change the oil in your Ferarri. You just don’t do it. Lol. Where are you getting your degree?

6 Likes

Sonoran Desert Institute. SDI.edu

3 Likes

**CONGRATULATIONS ** @DarkCornerGunworks

5 Likes

That’s awesome! Way to go! why didn’t you take the home course?

2 Likes

Great accomplishment !

4 Likes

Congratulations @DarkCornerGunworks , I’ve been collecting my Armorers Certs. also, and its a good feeling completing the Sig course.

4 Likes