Sig p220 vs 1911

Which pistol is the king of fat and slow?

Sig p220 in DA/SA vs 1911?

• 1911 - Murica
  • Sig P220

0 voters

4 Likes

I own several 1911’s and also several Sig 220’s , Tough choices here as to which one is best. I guess it’s like a Ford or Chevy :rofl: :joy:

5 Likes

Never owned a real p220 but did own a few p226s. Also owned a few 1911s. I’ve shot the p220 a bit and its a draw for me with a slight edge to the p220 if we are discussing a stock Sub $1500 1911. Dan Wesson level or higher would be close but the 1911 is a smoother shooter.

Btw , some of those links are deliberate troll bait. Serious discussion though, I’m curious of people’s opinions on how these two stack up in their experiences

6 Likes

damn it people don’t fall for it!

8 Likes

How come no real handgun in there? Walthers are the best.

7 Likes

Walthers are nice, no arguement from me.

6 Likes

Whut?? you supposed to argue and bump a ton of Walther threads.lol

6 Likes

I like Sig im just not in love with Sig. Their QC pisses me off.

6 Likes

Sig P220 Elite all day long over the 1911. All day long!

It’s a single double
It’s still got a good beaver tail
Action Feels just as good as a 1911

If the 1911 was a single double I would argue more for it but as far as I see it, the only thing a 1911 has on the P220 is the trigger

4 Likes

You know, it’s about time there was an apples to apples comparison with glocks on here. But I still would take the P220 Elite. Just happy to see it compared to a 1911 rather than some Glock

6 Likes

I usually prefer SA but Sigs p series has good ergonomics and a nice feel to it. Is the Elite the SS version? I had a German Sig p226 and an American one that started with an E, dont remember the model name though. Had I got a good one I mightve stuck with them. The ergonomics are really good.

5 Likes

The Elite has a longer beaver tail, better trigger, and night sights, and better grips. I love their Elite line, they just cost a bit more

5 Likes

I prefer the 1911’s… they’re like AR’s, a lego gun… love mine, converted it to .460 Rowland.

7 Likes

Well sort of. You have to have the know how to fit parts. The Sig p320 will be the next Lego gun here soon. It is even out to a shitty start just like the stoner platform :rofl:

3 Likes

I shot one that was stainless , super gucci. Cost my buddy 2k for it.

3 Likes

pics or it didn’t happen

4 Likes

Some of you will hate me. But I do not like Sig pistols that aren’t 1911s I just don’t. Would rather have a Glock and you all know how I feel about Glocks.

So in this poll 1911 by infinity + 12

Nevermind my first edit

4 Likes

Not even Sig 1911s?

3 Likes

Fixed.

2 Likes

same here

3 Likes