Sig p220 vs 1911

I’m just hazing you a bit. I get what you mean.

2 Likes

I would like 1911s a whole lot more if I was able to swap parts myself. I’ve only fit a few parts and they were rather shitty jobs, tbh.

2 Likes

Colt, series 80 converted to .460 Rowland (Clark Custom kit),Wilson Combat hammer and beavertail safety, tritium sights and crimson trace green laser grips…

9 Likes

EA73A648-96A3-44C0-A3A9-15FE8726DE16_4_5005_c

Either one 220 or 1911

10 Likes

Your 220’s are better looking than mine. I took mine on too many hikes. It has some scratches.

6 Likes

Bump…

5 Likes

Single-action > SA/DA ,imo. I hate the first pull on the single double.

The 1911 has a stronger frame. The Sig is mostly Aluminum (a few models are stainless) while the 1911 is mostly made of steel. That dosnt matter to me so much but I know you’ve mentioned frame material before.

The p220 also felt far more bulky ,no idea if thats accurate though as I have no clue what the dimensions are.

9 Likes

same here, triggers like :bacon:, firm & crispy

8 Likes

In most cases I will even take a striker trigger over a single-double too. Although Glocks stock triggers are trash.

7 Likes

I agree with that as well, sadly none of the trigger upgrades I’ve done netted to much, even did one on a VP9, couldn’t say it did much really, liked the gun ran it a ton, liked it better than PPQ & I liked that better than Glock

But would take a Glock over a DA CZ

Now a CZ TSO takes the cake for sure :+1: SAO & super sweet

9 Likes

Is that the fancy pants Orange CZ you posted pics of awhile back?

8 Likes

Yes and if you get the chance to shoot one you’ll agree, my only complaint was weight, with hip issues they hang pretty hefty , a 2011 reduces that a but I’ve not had one where the machined tolerances equal the TSO, not saying they don’t exist as I’ve not owned any high dollar 2011’s

The CZ’s slide runs lower than a 1911 and I like that

8 Likes

It is a bulkier gun.

The stainless models (ST’s) are steel but the aluminum is still fine. It won’t melt in a hot car.

As far as the P220 I heard it’s production is being slowed down quite a bit and I don’t know why. They’re my favorite pistol

8 Likes

:rofl: :rabbit2: :hole:

8 Likes

Don’t pretend like you don’t know…

7 Likes

The pull on a Beretta M9A3 is pretty damn decent. But agree with you

7 Likes