Sig P320 80% Build Adventure

Everyone, I did a P320 80% build. The videos are on my channel but I did a follow-up article on some of the things that came up during the build that doesn’t come across in the videos.

Once again I would like to thank @switchpod for help on how to calculate drill bit speed.

http://trb.fyi/p320-80-build-adventure/

9 Likes

Thank you for the mention Brother!
I love your write up on the sig build. Your honest approach During the build will build a lot of trust with your followers.

4 Likes

Awesome write up.

4 Likes

Thank you for the help!

I want to make sure that I am being honest on top of producing good content.

3 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

I bought a chasis but haven’t even begun to think about doing it yet
I’m gonna check out your vid

1 Like

Definitely check out my video. I walk you through the steps including putting in the lower parts. These are way easier than a 1911 build.

Here is the article with all of the tools that I used.

http://trb.fyi/tools-used-in-the-p320-80-videos/

And here is the links to the videos. If you have questions, let me know.

4 Likes

Excellent. Will be watching tomorrow.

2 Likes

DOH! Just accidentally deleted the Frame Completion video… Crap that was trending on Google Searches too…

Uploading again stay tuned for new link.

2 Likes

Don’t know how I did it. I uploaded a video and deleted because I grabbed the wrong video (accidentally uploaded the 80% video instead) and they both disappeared.

Oh well. Here is the new link

2 Likes

I liked your instructions. They worked really well. . I only did the safety slot different. used a pointed diamond cutter just the right size to grind out the material between the holes.

2 Likes

Funny, I was considering using a 7144 or 7122 and taking a couple of passes with that but already had the other two bits and decided to use them since I was WAY over budget already and had a crapload of reinforced cut off wheels.

What bit did you use? How well did it cut?

Thanks for watching!

1 Like
  1. it ate up the bit quick. only could do 1-1/2 slots per bit.
2 Likes

Cool. Thanks for sharing! Yea the frame ate up my two bits pretty fast as well.

1 Like