Anyone here have any experience or opinions on the Sig line of suppressors, specifically the SRD9 and SRD22X?
Sorry wish I had an answer for you but I’ve only shot a few of their rifle cans. I did like those
Stamps finally came in for these and have to say I’m highly disappointed with the SRD22X. The end cap would not come off. I destroyed the plastic tool trying to remove it. Finally had to mount a pair of needle nose pliers in a vise and use a significant amount of elbow grease to turn the cap off -it was screaming from metal on metal contact the entire way.
Looks like the cap was overtorqued at the factory and laid the internal threads flat. It’s not stripped, but the threads are shot. Needless to say the cap will not go back on more than two turns, leaving the baffle stack loose.
Bottom line is after waiting 9 months to get this it’s unusable and I’m going to have to engage Sig customer service to see what they’ll do. I’m mostly pissed at myself for not disassembling the thing prior to purchase 9 months ago.
Sorry to hear that. Sig should take care of you pretty quick!
Thanks @SuppressedNation_Chris. I hope so. I used Sig’s online contact system to send them a detailed email about the issue yesterday.
Let me know how it goes. John and Derek from sig are pretty active on ig so if they don’t help u fast enough maybe those guys can help.
I’ll keep everyone posted as things go. In the meantime, figured I’d put up some pics so everyone could see what I’m dealing with.
This is the disassembly tool. It’s plastic so was no match for the stuck end cap. Note the scoring around the edge from how much downward pressure I was putting on it to keep it from popping out. This just rounded the edges off:
Here’s the end cap. Best I can tell from what I’ve read it’s stainless steel. Threads on it appear to be okay:
View of the threads inside the tube. This is Titanium from what I’ve read. They’re not cross-threaded just flattened a little with no sharp ridges. I suspect overtorquing the cap caused this:
A pic of the disassembled unit. I also note the baffles look to have sharp grooves where they touch at the edges. Not sure if this is by design or from the stack being pressed together from the cap crushing them down on each other. They didn’t just fall apart like I’ve seen in some reviews online. I had to physically separate one from another to get them apart:
Finally, this is all the further the end cap will go back in before meeting substantially heavy resistance. It’s literally one full rotation after meshing with the lead threads. Of course the stack is loose inside and it can’t be used in this condition:
Got a really nice email and RMA number from Sig CS a few days ago. I’ve been really busy at work so just getting around to dropping it off to the shipper first thing in the morning.
Good to hear
Got this back from Sig yesterday. The service ticket states they replaced the end cap. I didn’t have time to fully inspect the repair, but the cap now comes off and goes back on with little resistance. They also sent a new cap removal tool.