Site compatible with Windows 7 / IE 11 or not?

There are several threads asking why videos won’t play, but there don’t seem to be any straight answers. I’m using Windows 7 with IE 11. I also have Kaspersky, which might be blocking the ads that play before videos. Full30 worked for a while with the same setup a few weeks ago, when I first joined, but has stopped working lately. Any ideas?

Try another browser. Firefox has an option to dump cookies when you close it. This is useful because webpages not appearing can be from cookies that need to be cleared

Okay, let’s say I’m not trying another browser, because this one worked a few weeks ago, when I first joined. Any suggestions?

Try disabling any add-ins and temporarily turn off Kaspersky to run a test to see if videos will load after you’ve cleared your cache and cookies completely. If you can trace where the break is perhaps you can come up with a bypass just for this site. If you refuse to use another web browser (which I’m REALLY curious as to why you aren’t) this is going to be something that will require some finagling.

Also keep in mind that the owners are working hard behind the scenes to add more features and other stuff to the site so there may have been a programming change along the way that’s interfering with your browser and etc.

Thanks for the response. To answer the question:

1. I have an older (14 yrs?) computer, which I’m replacing in a couple of months;
  2. I’m not very computer literate. I really, really, like just turning the machine on and it works. I consider this exactly the same as somebody who has no gunsmithing skill or desire: you ought to be able to just expect a gun to work.
  3. There has to be a Windows-related answer.
  4. Saying “try another browser” is like somebody posting about some trouble with a 1911, and somebody says, “Get a Glock”.

I’ve tried turning Kaspersky off completely. It has some effect on other sites, including YouTube (ads play again), but there’s no change here. Turning off Kaspersky DID work a few weeks ago, when I first joined, and I haven’t changed anything since. I simply whitelisted full30.com.

What happens is that the video comes up for just an instant, long enough that I can see the opening screen, then it’s just gone. I can see everything else on the screen, but it’s all collapsed into the space where the video was.

How would one find and disable add-ins?

Internet Explorer is a broken browser as it no longer follows internet standards.

Firefox was good up until about ver 29(?). then they changed everything to be more like chrome. sigh

i can’t in good conscience suggest chrome as it’s part of the google machine.

i would suggest Pale Moon (more like old school FireFox), but right now some videos (IraqVeteran8888) don’t play. there is a bug report ticket on the issue. hopefully it gets resolved in the next version. my workaround for now is to view the source code and stream the videos in VLC.

yeah it’s not a user agent problem. i’m waiting to hear back from one of the developers on the issue.

I’ll be very impressed.