Sitting down to watch the best damn Western ever made.

Thought you all might like to know that.
High Plains Drifter BTW.

9 Likes

Oh its debate time now…

6 Likes

We know you liked brokeback mountain the best.

5 Likes

Broke back mountain 2 - Angelina Joelle and Penelope Cruz

6 Likes

For "educational " purposes only, i would watch that

Angelina Joelle and Penelope Cruz… :cowboy_hat_face::tongue::heart_eyes_cat:

6 Likes

Fify

4 Likes

I was in the mood for westerns last week and ended up binge watching “Deadwood” , “Unforgiven” , “Outlaw Josey Wales” and “The Wild Bunch”.

4 Likes

Ok, straight up, peeps. Lets just stop the debate here and enjoy the fact that we even HAVE these to watch. There hasn’t been a legit good western in a long ass time. There have been passable ones and ones that were “ok”. But nothing as good as both the spaghetti and regular westerns of the 40s-70s. And with today’s climate you will NEVER see a good western again. Hostiles is the last decent one I saw recently.

If we’re gonna debate this, I cannot say what’s my favorite western movie because I like too many of them, but TV, shit, nothing beats the color/hour long Gunsmoke’s and Bonanza. And I do mean nothing. Quite. Literally. Nothing on TV. Thank goodness I grew up watching those reruns. Sadly, my beautiful soul mate spouse can only stomach Bonanza…she falls asleep to every thing else. :frowning: I blame her being a millennial, but don’t tell her I said that. Haha.

6 Likes

I’m gonna tell.

2 Likes

Oh, and don’t worry I still love the B&W Gunsmokes. I just like the extra humor the hour long ones have over the half hour ones.

Douche. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

The Deadwood movie was good so was the True Grit remake. Thats about it really, I think. I didnt even bother with the "Magnificent 7 "

4 Likes

I am a millenial and I watch b&w movies. Im a big Eastwood fan , tbh.

I just watched McCabe and Mrs Miller all the way through for the first time tonight…not really a “western” i dont think but still pretty good.

3 Likes

That was a good one, we enjoyed it.

Exception to the rule. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

OH, also a good TV show to watch is Hell on Wheels. That was a fantastic show.

5 Likes

I watched to the part where he boxed the slave and the slave cheated…I felt like a racist dick because i wanted the slave to get put to the whipping post for that. I liked it though , the Swede was creepy though

2 Likes

“Cowboys” with John Wayne! Doesn’t get better than that

5 Likes

I never did know your name…
Yes you do.

3 Likes

Only because he dies, I cheered when it happened , tbh.

1 Like

Is this the one where he rapes the lady in the barn?

1 Like

Holy shit the Swede was creepy as shit! We saw that actor in two other things and just couldn’t get over thinking about the Swede. I think one show as Tin Star? Another good show by the way.

4 Likes