Snake shot for Self Defense???

9 Likes

I have a friend that carries with the same setup. His thinking is the most likely miscreant he will be shooting is a dog or a small pack. He has shot a couple at 8-10 ft. Both times not fatal, but stopped the threat.

8 Likes

No, i would not carry that as self defense.

9 Likes

If it was all I had [last resort] yeah.
But that won’t happen.

9 Likes

Even the 44 mag is only using Number 9 shot. Smaller than dove shot.

8 Likes

Yeah I don’t even have any.

8 Likes

I got about 4 or 5 of em left 3 or 4 already found their way in some snakes :snake:. My are 45cal. Ones

7 Likes

i got about ten of em somewhere in a package. no clue what caliber they are. they’re older than most of you guys and i haven’t seen em since i was a young man.

8 Likes

Crap @Belt-Fed bet I could dig mine out rather fast. Let me go see.

6 Likes

Well, let me get into my boxes

Ah , Eureka … found 7 of em :joy:

7 Likes

Lol I’m past 51 now those are some old cartridges. :joy:

6 Likes

Ive still.got us government 45 match ammo with 1944 headstamps.

8 Likes

Seriously :exploding_head: thats frigging :sunglasses: cool @shooterrex

5 Likes

This stuff is from the 30’s. yep that is an old pic. still have the ammo but not the carpet. lol

7 Likes

Got a bunch of this stuff too

7 Likes

Steel casings ? On that ammo?

5 Likes

Holy Crapola that is older than me.
Probably older than you too :rofl:

5 Likes

@Belt-Fed Ol’buddy will you put me in your …“last will and testament” for a few boxes and one of them fancy plastic guns . Promise to use em well and pass em on to another patriot when my time comes . …I’m being serious .

5 Likes

No it has a coating of some kind on it, not like the ak rounds though. this stuff wont melt and gum up a chamber and at 900 rounds a minute things get hot.

7 Likes

At a range of around 8 feet, the .22LR shot shells from a 16 inch barrel will make a pattern slightly larger than a mouse (definitely fatal for the mouse, if it is at the center of the pattern).

At about the same range, the .38 Special shot shells from a 6" revolver can apparently spread so much that you will be wondering if it can be called a pattern.

If I’m defending myself from mice in the garage, and I’m armed with a single shot rifle, yes, that ammo makes sense.

7 Likes