Snub Nose 38 Revolver Time!

FINALLY got the snub nose video done!

12 Likes

Since the 357 mag tend to drop the Mrs on her can. The model 10 S&W fits in her purse, and she can hold on to it. Even with some of my Elmer Kieth loads

10 Likes

Your shot groups proved that snubbies are a viable carry option. I have an old Taurus Ultralite that I carry on occasion. It’s not my preferred option, but it’s very light and easy to conceal. Safety is another plus. Capacity and recoil are the major downsides for me. I can shoot my 9mm much faster and with better accuracy.

10 Likes

yeah agree, the Colt is heavier and so i think that contributed to the better group sizes. and i also agree those groups are most likely enough BUT i prefer something i can stack at say 25 yards… just gives me more confidence and confidence is a big factor in carrying for sure

9 Likes

model 10 is the best S&W model ever… change my mind LOL

9 Likes

My wife has an old charter arms snub nose 38 and it will more than hold its own against the equivalent S&W. It surprised me a little but I brought it and a friend brought his S&W and He was equally surprised

10 Likes

Nope. I agree. K-frames are my favorite.

9 Likes

i think the older charter arms stuff is better than the newer ones… just an opinion based on how they feel and shoot

7 Likes

I very much agree as far as the 38 revolver is concerned from what I held at a store. I’m not familiar with their other stuff.

8 Likes

Interesting video showing the potential accuracy of snub nosed revolvers.

Using a Ransom rest @ 25 yards. Heads up, he’s getting less than 1" groups!

11 Likes

a ransom rest makes all the difference, very hard to duplicate the results of one of those without one of those… will have one of them one day hopefully.

9 Likes

I don’t know what one she has, but my mom still swears by her 40+ year old .38 S&W.
“It won’t jam. Your a-hole dad taught me that”

“5 rounds???”

“If i can’t get them up close with 5 i deserve to die” :crazy_face:

12 Likes

I think the 5rd J frame is a great carry piece

11 Likes

@DontBlameMeIStubbedMyToe

Except, what if 6 rounds would have been enough, but 5 wasn’t?

Ok for shotguns to have just a 5 round capacity, but a modestly-powered snubnose, not so sure.

8 Likes

@Robert

I agree - great for carry. But, for actual defense - I would feel under-gunned if that was all I had.

8 Likes

yep, it all depends on what one is comfortable with… some folks just don’t feel comfortable without having large capacity and or a large caliber. for me i most carry a 380 that is 8+1, sometimes i carry a 5 shot 38, either way i am pretty comfortable and confident that either of those will be enough, 1 or 2 shots on target will likely be plenty to end the potential threats i would face.

8 Likes

Agent .38 at 40 ft.
If ya have to it can.

11 Likes

I always carry a J-Frame on my ankle.

9 Likes

I like my Ruger LCR.

10 Likes

i got to play around with a couple of the LCRx revolvers a few weeks back, i liked em… not a huge fan of the regular LCR though, not sure why.

7 Likes