So, crowdfunding tackles the wall

So, is this site legit? If so all Americans who want the wall should donate like $10 each. Stick it to Schumer/Pelosi and show them what the REAL Americans want. 100m Americans x $10 is a lot of wall funding.

They need to sell bricks at $10 each and you get to put a word on it.

GENIUS!

I would definitely like all of my payroll taxes and every other tax I’m being charged to go straight to the wall and no other government bureaucracy! I’m sick and tired of feeding the libtards and filliing the EBT cards of the laziest son of a bitches in the country! I would still be paying my taxes, just diverting them where they really need to go

Will "F**K mexihole fit on one brick?

Before I donate I’d like them to clear up exactly how they can guarantee the funds would be used for the wall. Just donating to a government entity means very little. It could be squandered easily and never be used for what it was intended for.

You could write a zillion dollar check and not have a guarantee :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Exactly why I posted. I have ZERO idea what’s gonna happen. I want my possible donation ACTUALLY paying for the wall construction.

Good idea if it is legitimate. I remain dumb-struck with the liberal attempt to promote “Open Borders”. The definition of border is so obvious plus there are many of us that have guarded a perimeter in the real world. Too many for them to dismiss the importance of our borders. If it takes building a wall to stop being overrun, then that comes under National Security.

If legit, I would be happy to pitch in $10 for the wall, plus another $10 for more border agents…and maybe another $10 for more aircraft. :wink:

I guess I’m in the minority on here when I say that I don’t think spending tens of billions of dollars on a “border wall” is a good use of taxpayer money. I used to work for the INS in the mid-90’s before it changed its name to ICE and got swallowed up by Homeland Security. I was a civil prosecutor trying drug trafficking, alien smuggling and criminal alien processing cases in Immigration Court. I also advised Border Patrol on legal issues concerning their day-to-day duties and had to tag along with them during apprehensions along the California/Mexican border. I even remember having to physically grab a teenaged “coyote” while helping the Border Patrol Agent to whom I was assigned apprehend him and his partner near Calexico.

Anyway, most may already know this, but there already is a fence along many parts of the border, especially around urban areas, such as El Paso and San Ysidro (San Diego area). Although the fence certainly helps, I can say with certainty that even if we were to build a replica of the Great Wall of China along our border it’s not going to stop illegal entries. There are many other ways to gain entry illegally, such as through underground tunnels, bribery of officials, visa overstays, and smuggling through hidden compartments in boats, planes and vehicles.

Instead of focusing on the illegal immigrants themselves, though, I think enforcement of existing laws against employers who employ them would be a far cheaper and much more effective way to address the problem. The reason I say this is because out of the hundreds, if not thousands, of undocumented aliens I personally prosecuted in my 2 to 3 year span with the INS, pretty much every single one of them had one or more jobs. It struck me that if the demand for low-skilled, low paying work weren’t as high as it was, there would be no incentive to cross and try to find such work. But it simply isn’t politically feasible to go after employers who hire them. It’s much more politically practical to use illegal immigrants as scapegoats than it is to fine, much less arrest, businesses and business owners who hire them. Improvements have been made in I-9 employment verification processes, but until actual enforcement of it takes place, employers will continue to haphazardly comply. If demand for their labor would stop, i.e., there were no more jobs offered to them, I’m pretty sure illegal immigration would drop very dramatically. Until that happens, I don’t think a wall, no matter how big and tall it may be, is going to work.

That’s just my opinion from a former staff-level guy who worked on the issue in the trenches of Immigration Court. I never had any kind of high-level view of the problems or challenges, but I think what little experience I have is enough to make me believe a different course or tactic would be more effective and cost the taxpayers less than building and maintaining the kind of wall envisioned by some. I recognize my opinion could always be wrong about that though.

You make good points. And I agree that we need to enforce the laws we have. But I still think a wall will seriously impede the illegal border crossings.

Two things @Equin.

1. Yes, we need to enforce the laws already on the books (in my opinion be way more harsh when doing it).
  2. What’s wrong with having a wall AND enforcing the laws?

Walls work when properly designed and implemented. In my opinion “tens of billions” is acceptable to me IF we stop giving so many damn government handouts / entitlements to useless human beings and stop paying the majority of the monies to other country’s security. I’d rather pay for ALL methods of security than 75% of where our tax dollars go to. To me security is an all or nothing sort of thing, a 1 or a 0, binary if you will.

I believe I read it costs us, taxpayers, $168billion PER Year on illegal immigrants welfare! Total cost of the wall? $50billion? I don’t recall. But believe it would save us a ton of money in a very short time and keep our country more secure.

Yes but then all those tax collections would go unused…and then the bureaucrats, they’d have no jobs, think man think :grimacing:

you may have a point, but I have faith in our government that they will always find a way to spend unused Revenue!

Good points in general but to have to find and prosecute each employer is cumbersome, time consuming and expensive. Add that to it will be an ongoing problem as (even if there were no new arrivals) all you’ve accomplished is punishing a US business. The illegal worker is still going to find another job. Or not and then they’ll find away to get welfare. And the business that do this are all over the country.

Border security, including a wall, addresses the problem at a choke point. (Albeit a 2000 mile choke point.). Seems to me new wall sections ought also to incorporate small seismic sensors. These could locate tunneling as it happens.

Same holds true for our drug problem. I’d rather try to stop the drugs where we know a majority are coming through that try to rehab every user on taxpayer dollars.

The wall is only a portion of what’s needed but an important part.

A real series of questions related to our borders and immigration practices needing some hard decisions. Our southern areas are not just a little back-logged with migrants seeking to enter our country–legally. They are faced with a horde of people trying to enter illegally with violence, demanding we step aside and allow them in to enrich themselves. Mexico has a real fine border wall on their southern border with Guatemala. The inspection of the makeup of the crowd of migrants show most are young males in groups of varying nationalities that would likely be unable to legally qualify for regular entry visa. What a socio-government quagmire that is now a threat to our borders and should be treated as a threat to National Security.

Crowdfunding is the same thing as our government funding a wall, public funding. That is what @Robert mentioned before and I agree with.:sunglasses: