So, i'm having my own hurricane party:

i suppose this is where you guys get to know me better. ask @Caw
the drunk posts will come. I think he speaks “me on my phone in a bar missing part of a thumb language”. (soon to be on my phone)
Now to run down some people at one of the bars up my street. DO i go north or south for libations?

12 Likes

South

10 Likes

Subbed just to read the drunk post.

12 Likes

Me thinks you just did! :yep:

12 Likes

Isn’t drunk, Coon-ass a duplicate redundancy?

8 Likes

Sorry guys ,
i tried like hell to get on from the phone. We stayed 2 hours after power went out. Wife texted my garage collapsed and pieces “flew away”. As i live 4 houses away from the corner bar, she wasn’t worried where i was. Thank GOd my '71 Who Dat riviera wasn’t inside!!!
So disappointed i quit smoking pot as 3 people took the opportunity to roll and enjoy.
All the stuff i saved from katrina- my old hot wheels, comics that were 4-5 boxes up in the flood, my old ataris, 64xe, 800xl and 5400 are exposed and ruined along with a LOT of Buick memorabilia.
Buddy’s restaurant collapsed up the block. Not sure how bad my roof is and now it’s not even windy.

10 Likes

And i’m down to 2 tall boys. The wife told me she still has a 5th of vodka in the fridge, but i’m not int he mood :slightly_frowning_face
:garage

10 Likes

Sorry to hear that. At least you’re safe.

11 Likes

Well that sucks, Mother nature is nothing to mess with.

13 Likes

Prayers for all affected.
Sucks sitting there while you hear Mother Nature making sure you have enough chores the coming weeks.

11 Likes

wow, sorry to see this, insured on content/loss I hope?

I don’t miss hurricane hype, though this covid is on par, people are nuts over it

10 Likes

Dang, that sucks. :frowning_face: Glad you’re all safe.

Maybe you can salvage some things in the garage? The way it’s laying down hopefully protects some of the contents from water damage.

10 Likes

you aint ever lied!!! 26 days in the cone and 7 hits this season!
If i remember right i have 12k on the structure and a 2.5 k deductible. Wife doesn’t think any contents are covered. I’ve been pricing new metal ones. They run about 6-7k for what i want. MY wife’s chinese bosses have some industrious workers that haven’t been busy the past few months. I think they might take $500 to dismantle it and move stuff out the way.

I’m hoping. I really am. what little i saved is getting whittled down bit by bit. It was just shy of a cat 3 and it moved FAST (thank god). Also happy to say we are having a cold front right now, so not having the window AC units plugged in is a godsend.
Opposite of where i was a nailsalon’s roof blew off in one piece and landed on Armond’s eatery and demolished it. I know the owner. It’s up fpr (divorce) sale. Not sure if he was carrying insurance. Another bar a few blocks over has had unused motel units above it and next door.
The entire structure blew off onto a guy’s truck that i know. They were having their own little get together.

7 Likes