So, I'm in the hospital

Hospital stays suck. Sorry but there’s no way around the truth. But they are sometimes necessary. You’ll get through it and be better for it. I found that the various science channels helped… Esp’ at night when my room co-inhabitant was snoring. It was the loudest snoring I have EVER(!) heard and I spent 3 years in the military.

After that follow advice within reason. I had one therapist giving me therapy advice based on what would be done for a 70 year old. The problem with that was that I was in my 40s. I wanted a better result than if I was 70. I think I hurt her feelings when I went shopping for another therapist. Screw her feelings, it was my wrist and I wanted it back. So follow advice within reason.

Get well soon!

11 Likes

Get well soon, praying for a full recovery.

11 Likes

@Tactical_Reviews

Hope you get all better soon, Dan.

10 Likes

Sorry to hear you’re laid up.
Hospital stays are indeed boring.
If they’re not poking you with things, they’re waking you up at all hours.
But that’s motivation to get the hell out of there.
Best wishes for a speedier recovery.

11 Likes

Hoping for a speedy recovery @Tactical_Reviews !

Gin up and get well soon!!

Sincerely,
Denny

11 Likes

Geez That’s no fun, but at least it done. Get well soon Brother!

10 Likes

Here’s hoping for a quick recovery

8 Likes

Speedy recovery brother and thanks for your support.

6 Likes

Well dang. I need to be here another night because the pain isn’t under control. I’m on Oxy and Morphine ever 4 hours. It’s not really stopping the pain, but I don’t care.

6 Likes

Praying for your healing.

7 Likes

Morphine does not relieve pain for my wife. She was given more and more of it after a surgery until it suppressed her breathing. She finally got pain relief from an ice pack. After breathing got better, they switched her to dilaudid.
Bottom line, don’t let them give you too much of that stuff. Ask if something else might work better. It is not “all the same.” They are similar but can work differently in different people.

9 Likes

I’ve got 2 ice packs on my keg right now

9 Likes

2 ice packs on your keg? Atta boy. That should help with the pain…until you need to go pee. :beers:

:laughing: Just joking. Hope you feel better soon.

8 Likes

I would hate to see the bill for a keg at hospital prices. It would be worse than hotel bar price.

11 Likes

I bet they have him cathed so no problem .

7 Likes

I’m getting 4mg of morphine ever two hours now.

7 Likes

@Tactical_Reviews

Hope the pain goes away soon. Are you able to sleep ok?

7 Likes

Hope your recovery is speedy and complete.

8 Likes

Eh, not really, I’m in a soft cast.

7 Likes

Well, I get to go home today.

14 Likes