Some Hi Point Carbine LOVE

Do any of you guys own a Hi Point carbine? I have owned a 9mm for a very long time, since they were first introduced. I did enjoy this suppressed 45 ACP though, gotta say, pretty sweet.

8 Likes

I like them, might even buy one if they ever come back to the real prices.

7 Likes

right

6 Likes

I want one in 10mm.

6 Likes

I’ve heard good things about them but don’t want or need one myself.

7 Likes

They are fugly but they work.

7 Likes

I was gonna buy one year’s ago when they were $150 bought i got steered in the keltec sub2000 direction. I’m happy with my choice.

7 Likes

yeah i got a sub2k in 9mm but much, much prefer the hipoint over that one, mainly because the sights on my sub2k, well, suck. maybe the newer gens are better, not sure, know they have made some changes

5 Likes

The newer ones don’t have better sights. I still prefer it. It’s not the most comfortable carbine but it gets small

5 Likes

yeah, true, way smaller profile, sad to know they have not fixed that and yeah, i had the 40 before i traded a guy my 40 for his 9 and that 40 was rough on the shoulder, all knobby, no padding, just rough, my 9 isn’t much better. i think they make a rubber pad for em now though

5 Likes

my hi point is an older one and so i have the stock that makes it look very similar to the beretta storm, length of pull is a bit shorter, not much but was slicker looking that they are stock, MAN, they are pretty ugly

5 Likes

Put a red dot on your sub2k and it comes alive. Yeah, the sights suck. But you’ll also need a mount that still allows it to fold or give up that function. I shot one for years in competition and the thing just never malfunctioned as long as I stayed away from alum’ cased ammo. My sub2k is one of the reasons I don’t want a hi-point.

6 Likes

mine is the first generation and does not have the same handguard, not sure the newer one will fit or if there is an upgrade… i don’t use it nor the hi point for anything other than range fun, so either one, either way, no big deal to me… that one is pretty pimp though

5 Likes

I like that a lot, I can see that riding in my truck. But I think a Hi Point is more likely in my future. :money_with_wings:

5 Likes