Something for nothing

Got a good one for you homies.
Im $200 in the hole and have not fired this piece yet.

Today I had to mill the barrel lug straight. It did not go in all the way nor lock in place.
It does now. I also bought a $28 dollar after market spring kit to make sure the stock springs do not break as all in the cap & ball world say they will.

Maybe is 2 weeks when all the goodies get here, I might be able to go out and shoot it. After I make a pile of caps…
I have told peeps for years that production guns are third world built.
Sure glad I got this for free.

5 Likes

This version appears to be one of the newer classic series, yes?
The model 27 was the final production development of the original “Registered” Magnums, which were bona fide custom guns from the factory, and so good that they still set the standard.
The classic series uses the newer reworked lockwork. Some believe it’s stronger and better than the originals. I can see their point, in that filing small parts can be mind numbingly difficult, but I have some experience with both actions, and the new simply doesn’t achieve the same smooth and direct action of the originals.
The large, N frame guns were always better fits for the 357 than the smaller and more famous K frames. No large frame ever developed forcing cone or action issues due to a steady diet of full house Magnum loads, and these early 357 loads were hotter than anything loaded today.
I’ve been curious about this latest version of the 27, but my local gun stores that used to carry guns like this have been shuttered permanently, thanks to the latest government policies of attacking its own populace.
From the picture, it appears well made, and considering things today, that is more than a little thing.

6 Likes

Yep one of the classic series.
I think I know where another one is in a gun shop in VA. My buddy had two and I traded one of my original Kimbers for this one.

5 Likes