Sony and Microsoft teaming up against google

Good job google, you brought the juggarnauts of console gaming together. :+1: I like the sounds of this.

What do you think about this, @Mister_Torgue ?

2 Likes

Google at this point has too much of a name to compete with, Sony or Microsoft are unfortunately outdated…however; google is not a bad platform by any means

1 Like

I dont think so. They are the top dogs on console ,google is the new comer to gaming compared to them. I think if they unite they will destroy googles chance in this part of the gaming industry, Imo. The ps5 and xbox(guessing on the xbox) are better systems in terms of performance.

Google just made a more convenient system that requires no hardware, just a controller. I hope its a flop, tbh.

I wonder where nintendo stands on this

2 Likes

Lol meanwhile Sony’s ps5 has been revealed to feature 8k, ray tracing, 3D audio support, an SSD and support for the PSVR and PlayStation 4 games. They are also talking about rereleasing every ps game ever made on the new console. Not to mention it will pass the Stadia’s 10.7 teraflops. They are reporting a raw compute power of 11.6 teraflops, and a Zen 2 CPU clocked at 3.3 GHz.

XBOX is supposedly even more powerful.

2 Likes

Maybe with XBOX and PS on the same page XBOX can get sony on the cross platforming train…then just kick google out of the equation .

2 Likes

I agree, google is a new comer but unfortunately Google has far surpassed the Sony and Microsoft in their platform web based technology. I honestly believe if they when Google pursues further in the gaming industry it will dominate the rest of the industry. We don’t even use Microsoft platform any more

1 Like

Not even close to far surpassed. The U.S. is the biggest gaming market and its very much popular over here. Their system and games are going to be better next gen. Google will probably flop.

Microsoft has the resources to challenge or surpass google pretty easily if they play their cards right. Sony can keep up but they wont be a true rival in streaming or web tech, imo. Their actual games and gameplay plus them gaurenteeing hard copies and offline play for most of their games puts them in another market if they cant keep up. Sonys single player games are some of the highest rated video games to ever be released (The Last of Us being the best example of that). They will keep up but also milk this other market, imo. Xbox and PS are going back to lots of exclusives next gen too. Lets see google try to keep up with the actual gaming of the other two, I dont see it happening. The last streaming only system ate shit right out of the gate for a reason.

2 Likes

I guess time will tell…but I would like to see more Statistics on both from bias source…hard to make an accurate discussion from sponsored websites without a least a level 2 or 3 peer reviewed article

1 Like

I’ll post a more detailed reply when I’m not on my phone. I’ll summarize in short easy to consume bullet points.

*Google will fail in the entire gaming market unless it acquires Epic or Valve to dominate the PC market. They won’t touch the console market share much.

*Nintendo is a niche brand with a loyal following, they don’t give a shit about the others.

*I myself personally and literally ALL of my gaming buddies on both PlayStation and XBOX will not participate with this stupid game streaming crap.

*Again I myself could care less about the next generation of consoles. We are moving to a large plot of land in ID soon enough where I’ll be busy with other things. Plus my internet will be satellite so good luck wasting a whole months bandwidth downloading ONE game.

*Lastly, google can go fuck itself.

3 Likes

This sums it up pretty good. Next gen wont be all streaming thpough. XBOX is making two consoles one for pure streaming and one more of a standard console. Both PS and XBOX are going to keep hard copy games and sony is already using offline games as a selling point. I think next gen has potential. I like playing single player games and playing offline too.

2 Likes

I miss Sega , tbh. Dead or Alive volleyball was a pretty cool game on the dreamcast.

1 Like

I play online sometimes but a majority of my gaming is single player. So I can mostly agree. I havnt really got into the whole streaming thing. Im more excited for more modding capabilities than anything next gen but cross platforming so I can play with my friends would be nice.

^ I hope this happens. It is the ONLY way I play next gen is with a physical game and offline capability.

1 Like

Another thing that bugs me about some of this newer tech is them wanting to do away with the option for physical storage. Wouldnt that cause issues since alot of the world has patchy internet, how would the ISP handle a data surge? I am not a tech guy so maybe i misunderstood how some of this works?

1 Like

A couple tech geeks at Verizon told me that game consoles physical games are all going to be done away with very shortly especially with the rollout of 5G. You only need your controller, internet, and a screen to watch on. There will be no physical console or games, you rent permissions use everything online. I personally like hard copy games and a physical console. the only plus side would be wouldn’t have to replace a burned-out console should it self destruct in a short amount Of time which would cost you an additional five hundred bucks to buy another console

1 Like

Thats them talking about google. Believe it or not they have done polls and most of Sonys few billion fans (not real number #dramatic effect)want physical media. Not just for games but including games.
Microsofts fan base seems split down the middle from what ive looked up.

That verizon person is probably just buying the hype, if anything Sony and Microsoft will offer a cheaper streaming only system and a standard console. If you look at the specs Ps5 shits all over the STADIA (streaming system from google) and XBOX is coming out with something even more powerful. Most of the gaming market wants the physical media option though.

1 Like

Great game …as a teen…when your home alone

1 Like

I personally enjoyed the arcades street fighter II

3 Likes

SF2 for the win.

1 Like