Squaring round holes....

Redoing the G24 9mm major gun, got a 357 sig barrel ordered, going with a digital camo theme. A square hole will look better with the digital camo, so…
Got a start yesterday going good until I snapped my 3/16 carbide endmill with 2 holes left. Put my party hat on and started drinking instead of looking for another bit!

9 Likes

Nice, do you use tiny bits to get the real square look or a file or?

5 Likes

Was the end mill hard to extract?

5 Likes

no, just going to ease the edges and leave the 3/32" radius. Still a little rough, be some hand work.

No, only cutting on the edge. basically fell out…

working the geometry to ditch the adapter/ riser pad and recess the Viper into the slide as deep as the sight cut. dropping close to 1/4", cleaner look.

Also need to do something with the beaver tail. I bought the frame that way, works but eh…

7 Likes

Done for the day.
Got to go figure out what size tiny tap I want to to break off in the mounting holes!

Like a glove!

7 Likes

Made a little progress after work tonight. Metal in a glock slide mills nice, after you blast the coating off.

Soaking now, bunch of hand work tomorrow.

6 Likes

Looks like you need a narrower optic, put that one on a G20/21 frame :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Nice work though :+1:

5 Likes

The viper is a beast, great viewing window. (And already paid for!) I see them as primary on carbines occasionally. But yes, a shoe horn fit for sure. It should look good when I finish up.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Very nice adding that sight back into action :+1:

6 Likes

I wanted a backup sight but couldn’t put it in the back, would have blocked the locking screws on the optic, I’m fine with it in front, bonus it acts like a brass deflector if a wayward shell wanted to slam into the optic.

6 Likes