Starlink - Redneck meets high tech... or so I am told

From what I read they can only handle so many ground station s per bird. More satalites more room for more customers.

9 Likes

AWESOME!!!

9 Likes

They are supposed to be in Beta for another year. Later this year they are going to come out of “limited beta”

There is supposed to be 3000 more satellites launched and they can launch 60 at a time.

9 Likes

So that number you gave me was to Matthew Johnson‘s voicemail. Didn’t say what company. I didn’t leave a message.

9 Likes

CC statement said SpaceEx and had that number.

9 Likes

They just opened up for preorders yesterday.

10 Likes

Called back and left a message. I doubt it will have any effect.

9 Likes

Hey can I have that number again
 He owes me money! :rofl:

9 Likes

Had to pay now I take it?

I got my refund just a bit ago from my old ISP, should have been easier but its done

8 Likes

i thought that was supposed to be cheap enough for 3rd world countries? It would still save me $$ over satellite.

9 Likes

I don’t think he ever said it was going to be cheaper just that it could be delivered where there is no Internet

9 Likes

I seem to remember it being billed as cheap and available to every corner of the globe and to all the poor kids starving to death.

9 Likes

Why do you think it’s so expensive for us?

11 Likes

Because we are rich, white, Americans and when he makes his money, he will give free internet to the poor and be a great guy. Or maybe I am a cynic.

10 Likes

Subsidized bandwidth, paying for literal cave people. lol

9 Likes

On your dime as well

10 Likes

Starlink to double bandwidth

11 Likes

I received an email saying that they were building my equipment. Then the computer sent the same email 5 more times over the next hour. I doesn’t inspire confidence in them getting the same automated email 6 times.

11 Likes

You’re looking at it glass half empty

Look at the great customer service effort to inform you!

11 Likes

You’re looking at it glass half empty

Look at the great customer service effort to inform you!

10 Likes