Starlink - Redneck meets high tech... or so I am told

You’re looking at it glass half empty

Look at the great customer service effort to inform you!

10 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

10 Likes

Is that for the beta program or actual sign up?

10 Likes

Actual signed up waiting for them to ship equipment as part of the beta program. They already have my money.

9 Likes

@Robert I’m sure those emails were just computer generated. And the computer doesn’t seem to be able to count OR it has a real bad stuttering problem.

11 Likes

But…

Computers don’t make mistakes

Certainly that’s what we’ll be reminded of when the push to have AI take over hits

11 Likes

the computer must be using that new math or core curriculum.

11 Likes

Oh yea! Welcome to the club!

10 Likes

Starlink comes at a huge expense of astonomers. Can’t take a hours long exposure night after night with shooting stars everwhere in the field of view

9 Likes

Can’t imagine that’s new

22440 objects as of 26-Feb-2021

10 Likes

No , but it’s exponentially more.
2,000 now 42 THOUSAND TO COME!!!

8 Likes

FedEx SUCKS! Shipped last Monday from Ca to Az to Nm to Tx to Ks to Chicago. Originally supposed to deliver yesterday BUT NO. My equipment is in Chicago as of Saturday am.

10 Likes

:rofl:

10 Likes

Sunday night and still in Chicago. Customer service has no idea why that was sent to Chicago.

9 Likes

How did you contact them, how quick were they to respond, was it in english?

10 Likes

800 go FedEx. They are supposed to call me back today w/answers as to why it was routed the way it was. Guy on the phone did speak English but I don’t think he was in the states.

10 Likes

Ah, I thought it was Starlink who tracked it for you, my bad

10 Likes

It works.

11 Likes

Yay! :partying_face:

I don’t know where you were but am sure you’re happy not to be there anymore :grin:

11 Likes

Went from 4g cell phone data to starlink. Almost 5 times faster than 4g

4 g

11 Likes