Suck It ATF! We Won This Round!

Victory! The ATF just withdrew their attempt at reclassifying pistol braces! There were over 48K comments submitted in the last two days, that show up. Thing is the counter is days behind, so the actual number is probably closer to 100K. To all those who commented, who joined this fight, THANK YOU. A small victory is stilla victory and we need to turn out like this EVERY SINGLE TIME they even so much as mention gun control. I will be going live over on YouTube shortly for a little after action and vitory party… come on over if you would like to.

16 Likes

WHOOT great job everyone!

11 Likes

Yeah!

10 Likes

LOL So i Didn’t ruin it for everyone by buying my first!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

For immediate release December 23, 2020

For more information contact:

Mark Oliva

202-220-1340

ATF Rescinds Stabilizing Brace Notice

NEWTOWN, Conn. – NSSF®, the trade association for the firearm industry, reports that late today the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) rescinded its Notice of “Objective Factors for Classifying Weapons with Stabilizing Braces” that was published just last week.

NSSF had been engaging with manufacturers, distributors, retailers, as well as policymakers to highlight concerns surrounding the proposed guidance. NSSF was working to illustrate the potential impact this guidance would have had on the firearm industry.

NSSF has long requested the ATF to publish objective criteria by which firearm manufacturers can readily produce firearms equipped with arm braces in compliance with the law. To date, the criteria is subjective and open to interpretation on a case-by-case basis. The guidance proposed by the ATF last week did little, unfortunately, to clear the ambiguity that exists with subjective criteria.

NSSF is committed to working with the ATF, on behalf of firearm manufacturers, to establish objective criteria for stabilizing brace-equipped firearms. The firearm industry trade association will continue to monitor and provide updates on any further developments.

-30-

About NSSF

NSSF is the trade association for the firearm industry. Its mission is to promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports. Formed in 1961, NSSF has a membership of thousands of manufacturers, distributors, firearms retailers, shooting ranges, sportsmen’s organizations and publishers nationwide. For more information, log on to www.nssf.org.

NSSF Media Resources

11 Likes

Now we need to capitalize on this and remove SBRs from the registry.

14 Likes

Better yet the remove the registry itself! REPEAL THE NFA!!!

15 Likes

Yeah, I like that even more!

14 Likes

Yeah, but now they know my name!!! :spook: :runlikehell:

11 Likes

this is not over, the soon to be POTUS clown is just playing us…

10 Likes

67k now, I missed the celebration :partying_face:

Curious if you guys discussed or determined if this had any relevance?

Good thing for us there wasn’t any large media example like Stephen Paddock in advance of this attempt demonstrating how evil these braces can be, those Congressmen might not have been as bold to place their names :pen: on any such letter.

10 Likes

ATF must have been concerned about Congress cutting their funding. You know, a self interest motivation. They sure as hell don’t care about much else.

10 Likes

I see my congress critter did not sign it what a surprise, I am surprised not to see Louie Gomert from Texas there though

10 Likes

Yes, and…

What motivated Congress?

Or, what could have held them back…

As stated, a well timed arm braced bandit propped up by the media would have likely had more weight than their quoting the ATF on disabled combat veteran needs

So yes, the letter from congress was much more likely the motivation to about-face, we have no time to gloat, people need to hit the books, serve and unite with one another,
this was not a win, this was an intermission.

Now, should the ATF make a technically accurate public submission and promise to uphold the laws congress passes rather than try and create their own…

11 Likes

don’t get my excitement for this win wrong, we all know we will need to continue to fight, maybe this, maybe something else, but fight none the less. the point is, we came out in force, we galvanized, we put in a superb effort and they backed down, maybe just for now, sure, but they backed down. this is an example of what we should be doing at every single mention of gun control.

9 Likes

YOU ARE WRONG

Read the damn document

What the ATF did is withdraw the REQUEST FOR COMMENT

SUMMARY: The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (“ATF”) is announcing the withdrawal of a notice and request for comments

Sorry for coming back and ruining your parade but Chris this falls on you and the other content makers to get the word out, everyone has misinterpreted this.

I did also, my lawyer wife started screaming as we saw several you tubers say the wrong thing.

The brace is still on the chopping block.

Back to the didi mau for me

12 Likes

C’mon bro, that would imply deceit by an alphabet agency …

11 Likes

Like I said before, the ATF doesn’t give a rats behind about the constitution & especially not opinions & comments from the public on the matter!

11 Likes

No but they love them some public submission I bet :shushing_face:

11 Likes

:joy::rofl:

11 Likes