Suppressing an AK47..worth it?

My vote is totally! I’ve only shot a handful of suppressed AK47s and was pleasantly surprised by them each! For those of you that have shot one whats your opinion ??

5 Likes

I have to say no. Only because I don’t have one yet. Until then. I will pretend to be like. Pppfffttt. Lame.
But I might think they are cool. But you will never know.

2 Likes

Hhaha I thought the same thing till the wolveeine showed up. Now I’m like aks suck without cans

2 Likes

An article on this in RECOIL (Issue 38, p. 70, “Taming the Beast”) rather put me off of the idea. Another article in AK-47 and Soviet Weapons 2018 (not sure page) made it sound like a good idea, but glossed over the actual sound reduction achieved by a suppressor alone. MAC’s video showed the volume over 140 decibels. :frowning_face: Then, there’s the trouble of dealing with the extra filth, gas in the face, piston pop, faster bolt travel/impact/recoil, reliability questions, subsonic ammo ballistics, paperwork/wait/tax bullshit, cost, bulk/weight, matching threads/adapters, etc. Looks cool, though.

2 Likes

What make/model is that black AK?

Absolutely worth it

2 Likes

Do you recommend any specific mods or gear?

I’m only running the wolverine. I believe dead air recommends the kns adjustable AK piston for a smoother action. I need to get one to try out

2 Likes

Ok, thanks!

It sounds cool, but not for me. Personally, I enjoy the natural AK ambiance. :wink:

Yes. Do it

5 Likes

@arevalosocom, welcome to th forum! Glad to have you here. Please proceed to the introductions thread & tell us a little about yourself before any further participation in the forum. Thank you! New members sound off

That looks front heavy!

1 Like

Adding a can does make the front heavier but the benefit of sound reduction outweighs the negatives imo

2 Likes

If you get a KNS adjustable piston, yes!
I am going to be loading some photos of what not to do… had an AR come in… in peaces… from running suppressed.

2 Likes