Well I’m back at it again so I thought it’d be nice to do a little report on how to do maintenance on suppressor. In this post I’ve taken some pictures and a small video.
Also to give you a little heads-up before this process was done the outer portion of the baffle on the outside of the cone was put in a solvent trap for 2 hours and then a wire brush was used to get off that carbon. This is why I have not shown the outer portion of the baffles to save time.
This journey started off with my suppressor becoming slightly louder over time. I noticed that I will get more pop and debris in the face. Mind you I have shot this can with multiple brands of ammo from high quality through low quality. And then the can’t was starting to get a little heavy, not by much but noticeable.
So let us begin.
below you will see the overall set up. Since I couldn’t get the ultrasonic cleaner to clean the inside of baffles and a wire brush couldn’t fit in there either it require me some improvisation call it a gunsmith MacGyver moment. As you can see there is a drill gun with a barrel bore cleaner the suppressor disassembled and some synthetic EEZOX premium gun care spray. The gun cleaner is good for a full range of stuff from cleaning lubricating and protecting. Combining this with the bristle as I use it to break up the carbon worked on also on a side note you will notice some and heat build-up don’t worry it won’t bring in but this is how you know that it’s getting hot in a carbon about to break loose.
As you can already tell this baffles were filthy.
Below here I have a video for you detailing how I got these little puppies cleaned up. Man they were filthy and the carbon was very thick. Players that were easily removed with lower layers near the baffle steel wall that were cemented on to it.
And I know you’re wondering this post is getting pretty long. The fruits of my labor, mind you that this is a brass brush and a steel brush will be preferable but I didn’t want to mess with the Finish under all that nasty carbon. But I got it down to a acceptable level.
The aftermath this was just a small bit just from one baffle. it added up pretty quiet after that first baffle.
This was one of my more longer formatted post but I hope you enjoyed it and see that if you don’t have all the special tools to get the job done you can improvise with the stuff you have on hand. The brass bore brushes were from an old cleaning kit that will using more. A basic drill gun from Home Depot send time and patience. I will keep you up-to-date on a little project I’m doing and what’s going to happen with the Bulgarian 74 and a nice Polish girl under-folder in the near future. And let’s not forget the two Romanian under-folder that I acquired as well. For the two Romanian Parts kits that turned out really good with all matching of major components when I got them. I’m going to show how to do a paint job that is not meant for fashion but to protect the metal finish. You can find on here are the people that do stencil work and what not for the Gucci stuff.