Sylvan Arms side folding adapter

I installed one on one of my AR pistols.
Not hard to put in. I’ll get out back and make sure it still works right in a day or so.IMG_20201206_144912 IMG_20201206_144852 IMG_20201206_144838

9 Likes

Looks like a beefy piece, well made. How much the adapter weigh?

7 Likes

Their web site says 6oz. I didn’t weigh it. Didn’t seem to add any weight when I handled the gun after installing it. Primary Arms had them on sale for $119.00. It did add about 1.5 inches to overall length when extended.

8 Likes

P.A. got that to you in good time :smiley: Put mine on the CZ Bren so I didn’t need to use the bcg extension. IMO the extra length it added worked in my favor as the pistol brace only uses 5 positions. I fired a few rounds after install then checked the castle nuts for tight no issues.

7 Likes

aren’t ya curious :rofl:

9 Likes

Nope. That’s why I prefer folders that work folded.
AK, M1 carbine HK and the like.

Not having to unfold to work when it come out from under the overcoat at the bank could be seen a positive.

7 Likes

Nope not curious. I watched a u tube video on the law folder being fired open. It works but the insert that goes into the back of BCG goes flying . Then it doesn’t work so well. Just want it to fit in a bag that doesn’t scream gun.

5 Likes

Finally had time to shoot this thing. Works well. Ran 100rnds through the pistol.

5 Likes