Tactical Section to the Forum

Is there a tactical section to this forum? Am I missing it?

Can there be a section for small unit tactics / team tactics? Something above and beyond shooting for the sake of shooting?

7 Likes

@Robert
Is it possible to get a training/tactical category set up?

6 Likes

https://forum.full30.com/c/outdoor-life/idpa-ipsc

Should cover it my friend

4 Likes

I was referring more to Small Unit Tactics, tactical application of firearms etc.

6 Likes

In my humble opinion,
While there’s no doubt the shooting sports will sharpen one’s gun skills, they are no substitute for what Max is asking about.
The best way to go about that would be attending a genuine training facility on the subject.
Trying to learn that kind of thing on a forum is not accurate or productive.

3 Likes

Yes. However, their tactics involve strict OPSEC. They are so tactical, that they use digital cover and concealment at all times. Indeed, one cannot read or comment on that section until one already has an absurd level of tacticality. I’d say more, but we’d probably both be assassinated.

tactical

:wink:

5 Likes

Although I absolutely agree that people need professional training, there is a wide range of topics that can be read before and after attending such. That is for example why I have a Tactical Manual published. There is much to be gained by having a discussion area involving real tactics, not just shooting, which is just a small part of that.

You can gain an impression of things by watching, for example, YouTube, and then you need to get some actual training to be able to perform it to any sort of standard.

I’m surprised there is no tactical section to this forum…it is mostly what the MVT Forum is about! What I have been impressed with here is the rational level of discussion, with no trolling seen yet. It’s the same over at MVT, we keep it that way.

7 Likes

LOL, you’re a bit over my head but perhaps I’ll catch on, who knows, I may get to try one of your courses at some point :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Where would we buy this tactical manual? @MaxTac

5 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Manual-Small-Unit-Tactics/dp/1536876003/

8 Likes

what - no hand signals, explains 4.7…
(just reading the reviews)

hand signals are over rated and tend to be lost in the confusion, smoke and noise of war. Besides that HS are really only good on the sneak and peek and one on one comms - group tactics require concise and open comms after actual contact.

3 Likes

well. we use hand signals for silent movement, or for when it gets too noisy. I just didn’t see the need for it in the book. You can find that all over the internet. It’s an example of someone waning to read the same crap they read in all the other manuals, and not appreciating the quality they actually got!

4 Likes

trust me I know - people forget that hand signals are a visual element of the communication and pretty well require direct contact or at least close proximity to each other. I think of all the times doing an advance to contact, giving the signal for a echelon and wheel to the right only to discover you have lost half the troop.

3 Likes

:thinking: Hand signals

8 Likes

In all seriousness Hand signals are very good to know, and could save your azz

5 Likes

I’m on day 10 of 11 at a school right now.

5 Likes

I think a tactical section would be nice.

6 Likes

So, we reduced the significance of my Tactical Manual to hand signals only? :joy:

I’m not here to sell the book, but it was asked about. Seriously, this is something of a different breed from FMs or Ranger Handbooks. Pure real useful SUT.

5 Likes

Should be, sell sell sell !

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification, Max.
But one problem with discussing this subject on a public forum is not knowing who is participating.
I once got into a discussion with someone who turned out to be a kid who got all his tactical experience from a video game.
oops.

4 Likes