Tactical Section to the Forum

You may have just described the internet…

8 Likes
4 Likes

So you know how the forum will randomly suggest threads to read, well, this one popped up. Reading back over it, I’m curious about Max Tactical’s book, I wonder what he put in it.

I think that there’s one key component to tactics that is usually forgotten or overlooked, overshadowed by gear and supplies, and that’s movement. And not like, shooting while practicing your combat glide - lots of guys do that, and that’s good to do, it’ll teach your feet to stay out of each other’s way, and it’ll help with balance et cetera et cetera.

What I’m taking about is the first part of my favorite mantra, “Speed, Surprise, and Violence of Action”. Speed in movement is the ability to change the battle space effectively while your opponent is still in their same position, and keep them in the Observe and Orient portion of the OODA loop. Speed is the ability to close distance rapidly enough to facilitate the Surprise. Speed will also get you off of the X…

Movement on the battlefield is absolutely essential to survival. Stagnation is death, and when I say that I’m particularly thinking about holing up somewhere, particularly in a building. Try to never do that. But it could just the same be the car or wall you’re using for cover.

In light of recent developments in Virginia, and for anyone thinking they want to jump into something like that, I think it’s important for everyone to consider and keep in mind the longevity of the Taliban in the mountains of Afghanistan, because of their nomadic and fluid proclivity.

The point of all this is, you need to be physically fit enough to make sudden sprints, crawl under things, pull yourself over things, or trek a good distance to boogie out. Even worse, to drag or carry your buddy out. All of us need to maintain a degree of fitness so that we can be effective.

You don’t have to be Lucas Botkin - but imagine, if it was you versus him in a parking lot! Because of his mobility ON TOP of his shooting skills… I’d be scared to face a guy who can move like he can! But the guy’s all of 25 years old at best, weighing in at 150lbs, and I’m getting old, and slower these days…

Well, then that’s something that needs to be tackled before we start getting too tactical, don’t you think? As Pat McNamara says, Mobility is Survivability.

6 Likes

https://maxvelocitytactical.com/forums/

Ask him on his forum or at least checkout his forum. According to his bio he was a British paratrooper, a former security contactor and a graduate of a military academy in Britain. He preaches PT a lot in his writing.

MVT and John Mosby of Mountain Guerrilla are pretty much the goto for civilians seeking a wide range of tactical training. Mosby (his pen name) is former Army SF , heres some of his articles off his blog.

https://readfomag.com/2015/02/valkyries-valhalla-and-the-way-of-the-samurai-soft-standards-and-the-philosophy-of-stoicism/

His book “The Reluctant Partisan”

Decent review:

Courses he offers

2 Likes

mobility

4 Likes

Thats actually pretty cool if its real.

1 Like

Thank you for the linkage, Joe Bob

1 Like

It’s real. I seen a video of a guy hunting in one.

2 Likes

"Look, I get it. It’s fun to poke fun at the opposition. It’s easy to make jokes about ‘safe spaces,’ etc. Those dudes smoking people in the head with bricks? Those people staring down the riot cops, and taking bean bag rounds to the face and chest, to get a chance to lob a brick or a Molotov Cocktail at them? They’re not scared of you and they’re not looking for a fucking safe space. They’re willing to stand by their convictions, right or wrong.

That doesn’t make them good guys, by any stretch. It does make them far more qualified for the change in velocity of the collapse that we’re witnessing. People have been talking smack since election night, about how now, the Left was going to go away, because POTUS wasn’t going to put up with their shenanigans. Well, he may not, but it’s going to take a lot more to stop them than people are ready to understand. I’m not even saying that won’t happen, but if you’re sitting here, talking shit on your computer, instead of DOING shit, and TRAINING, and PRACTICING for how you’re going to REALISTICALLY respond to this shit, when it shows up in your neighborhood? You’re full of shit.

3 Likes

Yea, Mosby is a gritty dude. His books are great. If you got the time go back in his blog to about 2012-2013 and start there.

2 Likes

He is an amateur…“Flannel Daddy” aka “The THOT Knight” aka The THOT smasher formally known as Garand thumb is the more appropriate example here. The guys in his comment section say his flannels have tactical powers.

3 Likes

What are you talking about, Botkin shreds. I also love the Flannel Daddy but I bet Botkin would handily beat him in a match.

2 Likes

Not even close , well maybe close if stationary. But run and gun or in a real fight THOT Knight would thoroughly destroy him.

1 Like

All right heres a better one:

THOT Knight and Lucas Boykin
Vs
Pat McNamara

First round: nerf gun fight

Second round: gunfight

Third round: Call of duty

2 Likes

Yeah Pat’s my hero. See, he can dummy drag and climb rope and sledgehammer tires and still bang out single hand pistol hits.

2 Likes

And do it at 50+ years old. Very impressive.

1 Like

While listening to Megadeth. Garand Thumb probably grooves to some mellow stuff

2 Likes

Pat has a podcast called University of Badassery, check it out.

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong though, I am a fan of Garand Thumb

2 Likes

On a more serious note THOT Knight interviewed Botkin. The guy shoots 1500 rounds a week …wish I had those funds and time lol

He listens to thots moaning on his ipod, he is the generic Travis Haley afterall.

1 Like