Teen arrested for threat on game

Well, the kid is wearing knee-high orange socks, so there has to be some sort of mental defect.

4 Likes

I don’t see it as an excuse if he has consequences for his actions, which he would under my plan. An excuse for it would be he receives nothing of the sort. I think it would more be an identifying thing than an excuse thing. It is like saying “kids will be kids” is an excuse for their actions no? Kind of feel like its the same thing. Haha.

In the end, none of what we say will matter and this kid’s life is now likely ruined. I bet Florida pushes to charge him as an adult.

3 Likes

HAHAHA!!!

2 Likes

Exactly, people forget that true Liberty is dangerous. They think they want Liberty but then eagerly trade it for safety at the first sign of a threat.
liberty

4 Likes

so far the majority of the comments have already convicted the teen - what we do not know if once being charged that there are alternatives measures and / or punishments that will be explored. Just throwing it out there but maybe consoling or treatment might all be required for the total discharge

4 Likes

It’s not tough in my opinion but some opinions differ from mine. My opinion is known and I don’t need to reiterate it. I do think you have a good source of logic in yours.

4 Likes

Amen!

1 Like

“He’s just a kid” :roll_eyes: Mother’s little helper:

6y17p2

4 Likes

Anybody ever heard of George Orwell or 1984?

Anybody ever said “I wish that SOB were dead!” or “I want to kill that MFer!” or “I want to shoot/ hunt that bastard down!”
Think about this in terms of red flag laws and be wary of the can of worms that is being opened up on us. I was a nurse for a LOOOOONG time. There steps to monitor for a potential suicide.
A person that says “I wish I were dead.” isn’t monitored because it is a passing statement at that point.
A person who says “I want to kill myself, I’m just so unhappy”. is monitored loosely to make sure it was a passing statement.
A person that says “I want to die, I’m going to take this razor and cut my throat!” is immediately put on one on one supervision and all objects that can reasonably be used to do damage to one’s self are removed. If the threat does not de-escalate then the MD is called and orders for transport to a facility for more intense monitoring and medical interjections is obtained.
Th difference between the first and second is marginal. these statements have been or will have been made by nearly every member of our society at point in time or another. The second statement showed more depth of thought and thus contemplation escalating to a higher level of concern, but necessitating intervention.
The third shows intent, planning and means for execution of the statement. This then goes from a statement of helplessness or depression to a plan with an intended means of execution of that plan. So if this young man said he was going to do this and then as it appears stated a means by which he would accomplish his intended goal it went from “boys will be boys” to someone who was expressing a viable plan for a multiple homicide. Big difference.
The young MAN made a viable threat that he had immediate access to the tools necessary to execute the plan.
Th mother is an idiot! At that point she should be all over that young MAN for saying such a stupid statement to millions of people. The cops are bringing him in for observation and if he is found guilty then he will have to pay the price.
Not much difference than yelling fire in a crowded theatre and pretty much the same result.
So is it right or is it wrong. Well my view is you ought not to make threats and then in the same sentence espouse the means to carry them out.

7 Likes

Same thought process as me.

3 Likes