Television Series Thread

I gave up on everything published by Electronic Arts for past douchery

good for you on the rest

5 Likes

Many of the shows mentioned are oldies.
For those who like oldies, check out the youtube choices of early tv shows.
Like the tv version of the Ghost and Mrs. Muir.
Or the old Jack Benny shows.
Still very funny stuff.
Lots of the early 1950 Westerns, too.
Many of these old shows hold up very well, even (or in spite of) todayā€™s culture.

4 Likes

My wife and I enjoyed that. Just wish there were more episodes.

3 Likes

That is a good show.

3 Likes

EA is one of the top 3 worst offenders. Iā€™ve boycotted them, they are absolute trash.

5 Likes

One of my favorites from the late 80s.

5 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

Joss Whedon is a real lefty cu*t but I love this show/movie. Its basically " The Outlaw Josey Wales" meets ā€œStar Warsā€ (the Han Solo parts)

7 Likes

Looking forward to The Highwaymen in March.

5 Likes

A must watch

3 Likes

My wife and I have been watching an obscure Canadian show called Corner Gas. It is pretty much Seinfeld based in a petrol station in Saskatchewan Canadaā€“it is about nothing. And the best thing we like about it is that because it is mid-2000ā€™s politics and SJW shit doesnā€™t exist. It is just pure entertainment for the sake of entertainment. I miss pre-political television like this.

The first couple / few episodes are a little rough as the show gets going so Iā€™ve got recommended first episode viewing order for new viewers. Since each episode is not connected to any other episode you can watch them out of order. If you donā€™t like it after these four episodes then donā€™t watch it. Right now we are about 2/3rds in season 4ā€“each episode is 20-something minutes so you can binge watch the hell out of it. Gonna be sad when it ends. :frowning:

Season 1 Episode 4: Oh Baby!
Season 1 Episode 6: Worldā€™s Biggest Thing ā† Perhaps one of the best episodes overall
Season 2 Episode 7: Hero Sandwich
Season 2 Episode 12: An American in Saskatchewan

7 Likes

7 Likes

if you need me to interpretā€¦

7 Likes

Oh yeah? Take off hoserā€¦:grin:

5 Likes

I donā€™t. His character is part of why that show is so damn funny.

4 Likes

Jackass.

Watch the show, youā€™ll get it.

4 Likes

Great show

5 Likes

I mostly only watch TV with the wife, so it has to be something we can both enjoy. I like scifi and she likes mysteries, so anything that intersects both is good. We recently watched a German series called Dark. First season was good; second season was mehā€¦ Looks like there will be a third?

We also like westerns, but the last one we saw that we both liked was Longmire. Was watching Yellowstone, but itā€™s gotten a little ridiculous.

I recently decided to re-watch Farscape. Itā€™s been 20 years now so I figure Iā€™ve forgotten most of it and will enjoy it again :rofl:

7 Likes

Well, the one benefit to getting old Iā€™ve experienced, is that the time between watching and forgetting gets shorter and shorterā€¦

6 Likes