Thanksgiving food 2022

Just some random pics

9 Likes

About the only picture I took was before slicing the brisket.

10 Likes

The ham , stuffing, rolls, and some mashed potatoes are up next.

9 Likes

Marry a lawyer and you get

7 Likes

Child support can do that too

8 Likes

For years even though it was just my wife and I, the rest of the family being 500 miles away, we’d cook up a storm. Then I got to questioning the sanity of that. Sure we liked the dishes but we’d have lots of dishes to wash and eat seemingly for weeks later. But I’m certain it wasn’t for that long. Now we have pared the list down to just those things that we’d miss if we didn’t have them. It makes the day (any holiday) sooooo much easier since we only have ourselves to make happy and happiness for us isn’t eating to discomfort and washing dishes. One thing we absolutely MUST have is “Moms stuffing”. OK, mom may have made it before I could reach the countertop but once I could it was my stuffing. Today I don’t stuff the bird, but instead have turned it into dressing that is baked in a casserole dish separate from the bird. It’s just as good and the bird cooks faster and is safer.

9 Likes

We did the whole nine yards . Turkey ham dressing and all the rest . But we had a house full .

9 Likes

Yeah, I hate all the company. Think we got like 14 people here. My woman likes my family more than I do though so I am blaming her.

7 Likes

We had 14 here today and still have get together with all my side this weekend.

8 Likes

You guys look like you all did well , nice, great to be thankful :hugs:

I bought a 20+# bird from a local grower a few days back (smallest he had) freshly harvested, my first time with a turkey at all, wife left me in charge :grimacing: I’ve done prime ribs a couple times, wife often does steaks, she tried lamb “once”

It was great, I did not season at all except to put apple cider and apples in the pan, after dinner I called the farmer and went and bought another for Christmas

He charged almost double what the stores do but it was well worth it :+1: , if you guys get the opportunity to buy fresh/local go for it

5 Likes

I roasted a turkey in the oven and smoked a ham on the weber grill . So now I have leftover turkey for pot pie and a ham bone for beans .

6 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1:

5 Likes

Anyone know where this saying came from?

5 Likes

It started in ww2 the ammo for fighter planes came in 27 ft lengths so in you used all your ammo on a target you gave him the whole nine yards.

7 Likes

Yes sir that is correct the Wildcats could not carry fuel and ammo. The recon planes got full fuel and 1/2 ammo, while the fleet defense fighters got 1/4 fuel and the whole nine yards (27ft) of 50 cal.

5 Likes

We had Turkey, Lamb And
Ham and lots of different sides and deserts. Probably about 25 or 30 family members at Father in laws. It was a great time and we
Brought my dad up from 6 hrs south so he couldn’t be lonely if he wanted to.

6 Likes

Looks great and nice to see the inprocess aspect of it. My wife and I are spoiled. One of the gals she works with makes Lumpia for us and another makes Tamales etc. Makes me happy to be spoiled like that. My wife’s a good manager and it took a long long time before either gal would even consider accepting any money for these treats. So I told the wife a neighbor of our wanted to buy some once and ask the gal/s how much they would charge to make a batch for Frank on his birthday. Whatever it was was ok and the next day my wife ordered some for Frank. My middle name is not frank but if you say it out loud I will turn my head and smile. Thanks for the production line photos.
Best to all Bob

4 Likes