The ammo topic, until we get a dedicated ammo forum

Midway USA or Sportsman’s Guide whenever my ammo is on sale. Very rarely do I buy locally unless I’m in some sort of a pinch.

I try to maintain a minimum of 1,000 rounds combined on any given day. When I get below that, I start watching for sales.

I also like donating my $ change to the NRA when I make my purchases through Midway.

3 Likes

The nearest Cabela’s is like 70+ miles away and I don’t believe we have an Academy or Wally World in Ohio. “Rural King” would be my local choice that is approximately 25 minutes away from me.

2 Likes

with a recent event with Academy you might choose somewhere else to shop.

Never mind. I see the topic.

1 Like

In a way I envy you. I’m dying to pack up and move with the wife out to the middle of nowhere in ID/UT/MT.

2 Likes

You’ll get there one day I’m sure.

It’s a lot work, especially now that our boys are grown and off on their own. We live in a creek valley out in the rural country of Southern, Ohio - Deer Country!

I have approximately 1,000 acres of pristine hunting lands to my disposal. We’re surrounded by small creeks, some farm corn & bean fields, but mostly woods & CRP fields.

Just my wife and I trying to keep up and maintain one home, one wellhouse, one cabin, one barn, one outhouse, one shop and several animals. Definitely keeps the both of us in shape and on our heels.

Today is my mow day of approximately eight acres. Tomorrow, I’ll be trimming shrubs and doing some weed trimming. In about month, I’ll start cutting, splitting and stacking wood for the winter.

10 Likes

Wow. Love it.
Hey :thinking::flushed: this would make a great Full30 bug out spot. I’m sure you wouldn’t mind a few of us leeching… er…? I mean “helping out” in a SHTF situation. Post the GPS for us and we’ll just keep it between us.

Kidding of course. But looks like a dang nice place.

5 Likes

Thank you!

Yes, we’re out of sight and out of mind. Our wellhouse is our bunker. Months supply of food, water filtration system along with everything else needed when the SHTF!

FYI, we’re also armed to the teeth and my wife is a hell of a shot!!!

7 Likes

Very nice brother.

When we do move out west I plan on finding a nice sized plot of land (40 acres minimum) with a mountain view and hopefully a running steam/spring on the property.

Oh and my wife is a hell of a shot as well.

3 Likes

you all are lucky.

My wife gives me hell for going shooting (well, closer to “heck”, but you get the idea).

1 Like

After 36 years my wife just says have fun or get my guns and I will go to!

4 Likes

My wife is credited for getting me in to it. :sunglasses: So, yea, I’m lucky!

2 Likes

Yes, Mister_Torgue, you are lucky!

But, you do seem to be a decent guy, so maybe not all “luck”.

2 Likes

I prefer to buy locally but do order bulk ammo 2 or 3 times a year from SG Ammo. I like them as have real time inventory, large selection and reasonable shipping costs. If I order on Monday it will arrive on Thur… I don’t reload.

2 Likes

After doing some research , best place i found for best prices and Free shipping on all BULK AMMO - bulkammo placed a order on Wednesday afternoon ,and had my order by Friday - you have to keep a check on your favorite ammo for sale dates ,1,000 rounds American eagle 223 -299.00 &1000 rounds lawman 124 grain 199.00 - Good prices -

6 Likes

Yea opera gave me the shaft after update ,i coudnt watch vids on full30 so i installed it 5 times no good -so i just installed firefox and it works , i do like opera fast

1 Like

Never liked Opera. It just didnt work well. Of course, that was a long time ago. Maybe it was a beta version. Lol. I’m a Firefox guy.

Anyway, back on topic…
a few that haven’t been mentioned…

ammunitiontogo.com
luckygunner.com
ammunitiondepot.com

2 Likes

Went out shopping today for groceries n shit and figured I’d stop in Academy and buy a little ammo. I didn’t feel like paying almost $19 for shipping for a few boxes of ammo online. Was surprised to find some .223 hollow points for $5.99 for a box of 20. They had a sale on the Aguilla .22 LR for $2.99 a box of 50. I originally just wanted some .45 LC and ended up spending more money. Haha.

12 Likes

Can’t ever have enough ammo - as my old man used to say :thinking:

Way to go - good for you!

7 Likes

Absolutely! That’s why I always try to pick up random boxes when I can in between bulk buys. It adds up after a while.

5 Likes