The ammo topic, until we get a dedicated ammo forum

When I go from N. Florida to the Tampa area to visit family I stop by Rural King in Crystal River and pick up a few boxes of 9 for me and 38 for my wife. Usually get the 9 for around $10 a box depending on the brand. 38 is more but no shipping and I was making the trip anyway.

7 Likes

Rural King! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

When I do the same I toss a salute out the window!

10 Likes

Pretty flag

5 Likes

3D Police ammo. Just found it on a shelf in my father in law’s garage. I had to research it. It’s ammo manufactured using recycled cases, and they had little if any police contracts. Just a marketing ploy. The company has since gone under. By all accounts though, good practice ammo.

12 Likes

Neat thing about buying old or bulk firearms/lots is the strange ammo you come across,

this was one of the odd ones I’ve had

9 Likes

Nice looking double barrel!

6 Likes

As I recall it was Spanish (few years gone)

Ammo was for this guy
A drilling (also rehomed)

11 Likes

Is that a shotgun and a rifle combo? I see the shell box now in the pic, sorry about the oversight.

5 Likes

And I did exactly that today. Was in the neighborhood of the local Academy and thought I could use a few boxes. A little more than “a few boxes” but you get the point.

Oh and 5.7x28 is expensive…

8 Likes

Yummy.

9 Likes

Now that is a thing of beauty! Happy shooting mister torgue!

5 Likes

I bought some 9mm +P Hornady XTP’s but that had me thinking. What 9mm +P self defense ammo has the highest ft-lb of energy and what had the highest effectiveness? I like the Federal HST’s but am open to what ever else out there.

Seems like this one I just bought (below) is pretty damn good but probably isn’t the highest energy or effectiveness? Thoughts?

Oh and I really think this Canik I have is able to handle +P+ but cannot verify that yet.

7 Likes

This link includes ammo testing results by luckygunner.com.

6 Likes

I believe that this might be the avenue your looking for.
https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=26

Keep in mind that and hotter ammunition that your pistol can run will also speed up wear and breakage possibilities.

5 Likes

Wow! Federal hydra shock had some impressive penetration in that test!

7 Likes

A couple of places I look to see check prices are:
www.gunbot.net
www.ammoseek.com

6 Likes

This is perfect thank you! Exactly what I was trying to find but came up empty!!

3 Likes

Funny as I was just there looking for .45 LC. Hah, didn’t dawn on me to check them out for 9mm.

3 Likes

They make very nice ammo!
.223 Remington, 77 grain, at 3100 FPS!

Data.

Good stuff to say the least.

5 Likes