The crap other "gun smiths" do.... šŸ™„

Maybe he was trying to make it shoot around corners :thinking:

4 Likes

Hahhahaha maybeā€¦ if it wasnā€™t for the massive bore on the ā€œbrakeā€ it would have struck a ā€œbaffleā€ they are warped that bad.

3 Likes

Some people have no pride in their work. Not like a mistake on a firearm could hurt someone, or worse.

4 Likes

The guy was a hackā€¦ I have been repairing his work for 4 years. Hahhahaha

4 Likes

you can say the same thing about mechanics, computer techs, tv repairmen, tractor and big truck mechanicsā€¦always gonna find rigged up crap workā€¦

12 Likes

Now has anyone seen that matchbook, the one that says ā€œBe your own Bossā€, laying around? I need to start the gas burner. Sorry, I am not good with humor.:rofl:

6 Likes

You should thank him for the business!

7 Likes

I would, but he can no longer be around firearmsā€¦ hahhahahhaha
The problem is that it hurts the over all gun community here. Or anywhere for that matter.

5 Likes

Donā€™t forget the welding community. My Dad would have verbally berated me for a weld that warped a piece like that.

6 Likes

Yepā€¦ some people need their pee pee slappedā€¦ with a ball peen hammer

4 Likes

So while we cut apart this abortion of a ā€œrifleā€ we discover that the ā€œgun smithā€ used teflon pipe sealant tape to tighten up the threads he cut on the barrel. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

That is f-ing dangerous!

6 Likes

So it wouldnā€™t leak the gas, of course! :woman_facepalming:t3:

8 Likes

Wow @RogueGunnWorks you have provided me with some great examples of what to expect. I seriously am going to have to work on keeping that straight face. I would have been embarrassed to have anyone see a weld like that. I think my dog can weld better. Not to mention like you and everyone how much danger he put the customer in.

So did the ATF raid the guys shop and found out what a hack he was?

Tactical you are completely right about the FFL. That is one of the reasons I keep turning down offers people make me to work on their weapons. I donā€™t have my FFL yet. I am hoping to be able to apply in Feb. Any tips for obtaining my FFL? I will be working at of my house to start with at least.

7 Likes

OMG, that stuff is for sealing the threads from leaking.

4 Likes

actually no - thread tape is to lubricate the joining of the thread - on most pipe the thread is a taper cut so that as it tightens the thread cuts into parent metal thus creating the seal. Course if you use enough tape to wrap a joint it will ā€œsealā€ if the threads are cut loose or out of spec but not a pressure seal that can be achieved with pipe dope or a liquid sealant.

5 Likes

Wait till I post the video. At this point I am having difficulty uploading from my phone to Full30ā€¦ so for now, links to my you tube channel

4 Likes
7 Likes

I use the tape on air, and gas. Liquid uses pipe dope with some tape to hold it in place.

5 Likes

I just do not use any of it on firearmsā€¦ :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::crazy_face::boom:

6 Likes