The debate to end all debates

Now I want to keep this clean and on topic but you can have a little fun as well. Please give me your positions on what rifle that you like and why it may be superior to others. Examples and factual account can be posted here so please everyone enjoy.

13 Likes

I would say the Tracking-Point rifles are superior. It literally shoots it’s self and is on Mark so how could you complain.

10 Likes

How it is: I just took out everybody at the table…

9 Likes

AR platform

CZ Bren

FN Scar

Old school Galil , Sig 550 series or FNC would be cool too but mainly for the cool-factor but I’ve never handled them.

The Bren ,Tavor, and Scar are the most modern so from a performance stand point they probably are “best” for thier intended purpose. ARs and AKs are sort of outdated in comparison albeit functional.

8 Likes

Ran out of space. But great company. I want a iwi ace :weary:

7 Likes

are they outdated in terms of efficiency or moderatization?

7 Likes

M14 vs FAL? What’s your take?

I say FAL but I’m pretty inexperienced with the M14 outside of a few occasions toshoit one.

7 Likes

FAL all day. M14 is nice for competition, but to finicky for the deployment. Saw a lot of them in the armor on the shelf. Other platforms are better and cheaper

6 Likes

Weight and modularity along with being more refined. The AR in full auto can run into heat issues, has a buffer tube so no folding stock, and while the DI has been refined to being fairly reliable a piston runs cleaner and cooler so in sustained fire it seems less problematic.

The AK requires work to repair and build , is heavy, ergonomics suck , and it’s a commie gun… Last part was a joke but necessary for the sake of preserving my reputation.

8 Likes

Newer variants of the ak with better modularity ergos. I’ve seen some nice add on and parts for it. You can look at my first build great ergos on it

8 Likes

The charging handle and rock-in mags are my biggest gripes.

6 Likes

I’d still carry an m4 into battle today.

9 Likes

Beer can grip and throw it back in the mag well. As the one SF dude that I met and talked to in length. Be familiar with different weapon of arms. You’re not always going to fight with your rifle and some occasions. Hence the favorite slaying of Battlefield pickup. I have plenty of ARS and quite a few ak’s. But being able to run anything that I may find myself upon makes you flexible

8 Likes

Now if you talking about the giggle switch version than hell yeah but unfortunately I don’t have access to those​:sweat_smile::rofl: yet…

9 Likes

Let’s start tagging some people in here and get the party rolling. Let’s see how far down the rabbit hole we can go

5 Likes

Makes sense , I agree. Although if that battlefield is the U.S. then LE,military, hunters, competitive shooters etc all use ARs so logistically speaking ARs and 5.56 are the most practical.

6 Likes

This is very true that a r America holy high percentage of ownership. But always be prepared to use a rifle that may not be one there are a lot of a Kane owners now in the State as the market has expanded for especially with other popular Eastern European rifles. I may not have the most precise and expensive Tools in my toolbox but I have enough of them to fit the job and the skill to use it. Anyone else you want to bring in here to debate there views ?

7 Likes

Trigger point is nice but it depends on the user to do all the input. The only fight half the battle but depending on the user if they do not have the fundamentals to use it then they are kind of blowing their money away. The very expensive set up and its proprietary so you’re stuck with it. I believe the company went out of business then came back again and has been a Enigma of the gun industry so far with very little press release

7 Likes

I settled on .308

Went through and eliminated FAL’s after getting a SCARH

but…

While I like that more than AR10 the modularity and cost of the AR10 won out in the end

7 Likes

I need your job if im going to get into.the FNH SCAR H. You have a elcan too :rofl:

6 Likes