The Debt War

I know this can be a touchy subject due to so many reasons, but I am on a Debt War and in the next 60 days should be debt free other than house payment and monthly utilities…No vehicle payments, loans or credit cards. I challenge everyone on forum to declare War on debt, I know some of you are and live mostly debt free, I am going to join you soon…With current state of the U.S. and world being as free as possible money wise is my agenda. The only other thing on my agenda is shooting the tires off of the Van that keeps throwing trash in my yard harrassing me. Please feel free to give your thoughts on debt. I know some is necessary for the average working or retired folk, but enough is enough for me.

8 Likes

Extra payment on mortgage every year left us mortgage free in 20 not 30.
Cut my property tax by almost 1/2 moving from a rat ruined city to a GOP county and town. in '92
What we saved in rat taxes - paid the extra payment easily +.

8 Likes

In West Virginia as a Veteran I get nice cut on property taxes, everything helps.

8 Likes

We have enough to pay off everything banked but it is making more in intrest than we are paying by far and we will be out of debt before we retire.

9 Likes

The Credit Theory is this: that a sale and purchase is the exchange of a commodity for credit. From this main theory springs the sub-theory that the value of credit or money does not depend on the value of any metal or metals, but on the right which the creditor acquires to “payment,” that is to say, to satisfaction for the credit, and on the obligation of the debtor to “pay” his debt and conversely on the right of the debtor to release himself from his debt by the tender of an equivalent debt owed by the creditor, and the obligation of the creditor to accept this tender in satisfaction of his credit.

6 Likes

I would be watching having very much in the bank, but that’s me…

8 Likes

If the banks go everything will go with them . I do not bank with big national banks all local and very conservatively ran .And it is not all in one place.

9 Likes

We are currently selling our house, buying an RV and paying off the car and Harley.
Bet ya we will sleep real soundly

7 Likes

Might be a bad idea

7 Likes

Houses are an investment like stocks, they rarely stay in the family for more than a generation these days. The family home used to have many generations use it, still does here and there, but not like years ago.

8 Likes

I bought and built our land and home as an investment. The land is worth 6 times what I gave for it and the house and shop I have $130000 invested and it should sell for $475000 to $500000. When I get ready to retire.

9 Likes

Got 3 folks lining up to buy, and we are headed for the high desert to live out the rest of our lives in peace.

Paid 89k for this place 25 years ago. Im getting offered in excess of 300k now.

Beside washingrad is a crappy place to live

7 Likes

Took the family RV all over the USA,Canada, and mexihole.
Best way to see our country.
Get one that can carry or tow the HD IMHO.

6 Likes

We’ve been debt free, other than monthly debt, for a VERY long time, probably something like 30ish years. Want an instant pay increase? Stop borrowing money and paying interest. And the pay increase (aka spendable money) from saving can’t be taxed.

6 Likes

Only sad part is we will be throwing 1000s of dollars of stuff away.
I have a set of snowshoes I made when I was 14. Also my La cross stick.
Have no more reason to haul them all over.
Plus all the furniture.
We are filling the RV& trailer & my 4x4 & trailer, once they are full. The rest goes.

5 Likes

Give it away.
Just gave away my first Lionel Train set.
Wasn’t easy.

5 Likes

We are nearly debt free, just a car payment and we’re helping our son pay his school loans off. The house is paid for, but it doesn’t feel like it’s ours. In reality, it isn’t. If we take the annual property tax bill and divide it by 12, we are close to what our entire monthly mortgage and escrow payment was when we bought the house in 2003. I never did understand how someone could be taxed out of a house they owned, now I get it. Property tax is such a scam.

5 Likes

Challenged mine last year, there’s a special tax court set up for it, I had to many other court cases at that time to keep at it so it was pretty much just practice for my next go, my previous go was a refusal to pay, five years and they set up a court hearing and tax auction for the same day and time, I had to back down then and pay, this time I paid first then went at it.

Try try again.

5 Likes

Are we really free if we and our property aren’t Allodial?

1. allodial

adjective

1. Anything held allodially.
  2. Pertaining to allodium; freehold; free of rent or service; held independent of a lord paramount; – opposed to feudal.

“allodial lands; allodial system.”

Similar: freehold
3. Inalienable; owned freely and clear of any encumbrances such as liens or mortgages.

The GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English • More at Wordnik

5 Likes