The disease SHTF scenario

We all on here I’m sure is aware of the possibility of a world wide disease epidemic that could shut down society. I kind of doubt this is the one but be safe none the less

12 Likes

Global pandemic not a possibility, but a certainty. Don’t think it will be this virus, but they’re all mutating constantly. One of those things that should frighten the hell out of people and make them realize that most day to day stuff is petty bullshit. We aren’t remotely prepared, and we aren’t going to be.

13 Likes

You really don’t think so? May I ask why?

3 Likes

You did not read the rest of the sentence.

4 Likes

Not to diminish the sorrow of the grieving families of the six who’ve died, but my calculations show a mortality rate of 0.02% thus far (6 / 300). But as a hypochondriac, I always get concerned when I hear of some outbreak.

The one that concerned me the most was that ebola outbreak that occurred several years ago that made it to Dallas and sickened that poor nurse. As contagious as it is, I thought that one had the ability to spread everywhere, but luckily they contained it and the nurse even survived.

7 Likes

Touché

4 Likes

Does it make you feel better that Ebola is still detectable in the eyes after being “cured?”

6 Likes

Nope!

4 Likes

Just don’t pop the eyeballs of people who have ebola and you will be OK.

7 Likes

No eyeball plucking from me! I’m just astounded that blood samples show non-detects after being “cured”, but the virus is still lurking in the eyes 10 weeks later. That is one evil, tough bastard of a lethal virus.

7 Likes

When animals poop in the streets a epidemic is not far away.

8 Likes

I dont think it is a certainty. The bird flue, the swine flu, Ebola etc were all supposedly the end of the world too. Could it, sure but a meteor could hit us too.

Now if its engineered to being a weapon thats different but naturally I just don’t see it happening or it would have.

4 Likes

Just keep telling yourself that.

HIV, 36 Million.
Spanish Flu, 50 Million.
Black Death, 200 Million.
Current Population, ~8 Billion.
Birds that are farmed poultry, 70%
Mammals that are livestock, 60% (another 36% are human)
Number of flights per day, 300,000

Talk to a biologist or disease expert. Then wash your hands.

https://www.amazon.com/Pandemic-Century-Hundred-Hysteria-Hubris/dp/0393254755/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=pandemic+century&qid=1579733867&sr=8-1

7 Likes

meanwhile

3 Likes

Good to know that misery and death are profitable for someone, huh? :face_vomiting: :skull_and_crossbones:

5 Likes

Yeah, surely the patent holders

3 Likes

I suck at math. Above I said earlier it was a 0.02% mortality rate. I meant to say it’s a 2% mortality rate, or at least it was with those figures. Not sure what the mortality rate is now as the deaths have increased somewhat.

4 Likes

You also have to take into consideration that some think China’s numbers are never accurate

6 Likes

Very good point.

4 Likes

What about the animals crapping in the streets in California? What is that going to lead to.

5 Likes