The FULL30 Tavern 🍺 🥃 Open 24/7

HUSTLE Pale Ale from that Eau Claire WI The Brewing Projekt, another beer from that Wisconsin care package. Has that tropical fruit aroma. It has that ripe grapefruit flavor, sweet with a little bite, maybe some lemon like notes at the finish. I think I am tasting some malty flavor underneath, like a cream ale. Another outstanding brew from the Projekt!

5 Likes

That one sounds really good. I feel the pounds packing on just from your description. LoL

2 Likes

They have a Double Gunpowder too, that in the package?

2 Likes

No, just the 5 IPA’s and a black label stout, only the stout remains in the fridge :disappointed_relieved:
I am struggling trying to find suitable beer in my area for a return package…

3 Likes

Had a pecan porter last night that was very good. It was creamy with the coffee taste that they have.

6 Likes

Dorthy’s New World Lager from Toppling Goliath Brewing in Decorha Iowa. Swear I can smell banana and that threw me off. Sweet and malty with a touch of a spice, a mild clove flavor in there as well as a touch of citrus. A bit of a bready taste in there as well. Goes down real easy with just a mild bitter on the finish. More of a traditional beer than I have been drinking but SO much more depth than a Budweiser! My wife actually liked this, drank half the can, for her very unusual.

3 Likes

Finally, a written breathalyzer test!

10 Likes

Haha, that’s great! Happy Thanksgiving Lone Wolf457738b248dcf9076a11902d1e3fdf9d :beers:

8 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving @SAK

3 Likes

I’m stealing that.

4 Likes

Make sure you passed 1st!:joy:

3 Likes

Untitled Art Black Stout from Waunakee WI. WOW! This schit has flavors behind flavors over top of flavors! Inky black just like the can. That’s a 300 lumen light put right up against the glass, maybe penetrated a 1/2 inch. The flavors I taste, molasses, brown sugar, ripe cherry, maybe raspberry or blackberry. Tastes like some coffee somewhere in there. A smoky malt flavor in the background all the way through. Some dark chocolate in there as well. Very smooth, almost syrupy, thought I tasted notes of the old school Vick’s Formula 44, in a good way! Leaves a dry smoky taste in my mouth, similar to a good very dark chocolate. The stuff packs a punch as well, obviously a higher ABV than the taste led me to believe. The last of my Wisconsin care package, might have saved the best for last but then they were all so good I may have felt that way no matter which beer I tried last. :thumbup:

Thank you Brother! :hail:

6 Likes

Long Route Peanut Butter Porter by Empyrean Brewing Company of Lincoln, Nebraska. Smells like peanut butter toast. Tastes like Peanut butter toast. There are hints of a hop flavor but peanuts dominate. There is a touch of sweetness as well but not much. It feels pretty thin for a porter. Contrary to the advice on the bottle I thought the flavor was better as the beer warmed a bit.

8 Likes

'Tis the season :santa::mrs_claus: Merry Christmas everyone :beers:

4 Likes

New to my area. I’m enjoying it. It’s a little sweet

5 Likes

Toppling Goliath of Dechora, Iowa’s version of an Oatmeal Stout, Rover Truck.

Smelled a little bready with a little smoky hint. Tasted nice and smooth, creamy oatmeal for sure, has a dark molasses sweet to it, not overbearing but adds to the toasted notes, kind of a malty flavor all the way through as well. Creamy and smooth the first can went down before I even thought much about it.

6 Likes

Fire, Skulls, and Money IPA from Toppling Goliath of Dechora, Iowa. This was the priciest TG offering I have seen. Grapefruit and a sweeter tropical fruit smell, very aromatic. Taste mild upfront, a little mango/passion fruit hint and a touch of malty sweetness. Then comes the grapefruit/ orange peel bitter to even it out. All kinds of different hops flavors, tasting it is like hitting a moving target. Has the real fine fizzies for carbonation, nothing over the top just adds a dimension to the creamy feel.

5 Likes

Imperial Golden Nugget DIPA from Toppling Goliath Brewing in Decorha Iowa. Fruity smell, a little piney dank as well. Orange juice, fresh off the tree orange juice is what comes to mind on the first taste. Very complex, deep flavor, sweet then a little bitter, other tropical notes, even pine peeks out just a bit. Feels thick in the mouth but leaves a crisp clean palate in the end. Almost an oily feel left behind, like it is oozing hops, a hops orgy. Starting to wonder if hops are addicting, spent stupid money on this bottle but hoping they have a couple more when I go back…………….GOOD BEER

6 Likes

Looks good, love the hop smell of a good IPA

3 Likes

I’m not a fan of IPAs, but I like your descriptions of new beers.

4 Likes