The Get Home Bag.

Thank you! It’s all @EQuinn and @jf89@Caw “ fault for that build.

11 Likes

It sure can’t hurt.

10 Likes

I built a 12" pistol in Grendel. Shot a deer with it last fall @186 yds. 1x4 Leopold fire dot. Even if the battery dies I still have the cross hairs.

12 Likes

I have two packs. (sounds like a rapper) One for within 20 miles of home and one for extended time if I’m 75 to 100 miles from home. I’d add a contractor bag to your pack in case you have to swim that river. You can put your whole pack in it and it should float. Won’t be too heavy or take up too much room.And as said before, a life straw. VERY nice pack. My small one if a medium assault military pack, very similar in size to yours.

11 Likes

…did your Dad ever have a one night stand in Minnesota? Are we Brothers??? LOL!

Good shooting that deer!

10 Likes

Good ideas! This is why I ask! All you guys can see what’s lacking.

10 Likes

I keep a machete in the truck as well.

11 Likes

How about a small dropper bottle of bleach or iodide for water purification? A Lifestraw is great but it will not filter viri.
Another option is a Sawyer mini which is similar to Lifestraw but is smaller and filters to 0.1 microns instead of 0.2 microns for the Lifestraw. It still won’t filter viri. Here is one comparison between the two.

11 Likes

Now I got a ton of stuff in the truck, i’d hate to carry all of it on my back though. A lot of it is winching stuff and it has saved my hide from walking a long ways more than once.

11 Likes

"Poppy 2 Packs " is your new Thug name

10 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

9 Likes

For some reason, I got out of the habit of keeping a bag in the vehicle (still keep various things in the vehicle, just not in a bag).

Since things have been getting weird, I started tossing a daypack in the vehicle when I leave, and bringing it back inside when I get home. Not much in it, so far. Three 33rd mags, a 17 in an MCK chassis, a Sawyer mini filter and a couple of the bladders for the Sawyer (already filled with tap water).

I need to add a few things, like a first aid kit, rain poncho, extra light, fire starting kit, 550 cord, tarp, etc.

Just walking around (even when things aren’t weird), I normally have a multi-tool, at least two knives, a P-38 can opener, spare mags, and a compact or subcompact pistol on me.

10 Likes

I hate the p38 can opener, but it’s the best for being small and lightweight.

Yeah it’s time get all of our houses in order.

9 Likes

I’ve had my P38 since 1974. That’s a long time not to loose something.

11 Likes

I have mine from Basic, 1979…

10 Likes

I have a lot of water in mine, and chewing gum… and a compass. and a radio. 4 burner phones… some cans of ravioli and some pens and paper. oh, and a 9 mm.

10 Likes

And it works just fine I bet. What’s in your pack?

8 Likes

Not a bad idea at all!

9 Likes

I’ve been called MUCH worse. That’s not bad. My p38 is from '69. I don’t have it in my pack because I don’t have any cans in it. My extended pack has some dried food in it. I bring it when I go a ways out of town and put my carbine (9MM) in the truck as well along with about 200 extra rounds and 4 30 rd mags for the carbine. I have a tent and sleeping pad in there as well. I’m old. I need my comforts. A 3 liter bladder and a canteen go as well. I have a solar battery charger for the flashlights.

12 Likes

It won’t stop raining long enough to go get mine and see what’s in it.

10 Likes