The Israeli FAL

That’s gonna be nice, i don’t have one of those either.

6 Likes

Okay everyone I am moving the great debate to its own separate thread. So if you want to come over and speak your thoughts and defend your position on whether or not the AK is better than the AR, which it is but you can argue this choice in a different thread on posting so please come over @everyone

4 Likes

If you feel this passion about it please bring it to the other thread that I just posted. I will enjoy dissecting this discussion. Also I’m from the global war on terror true. One thing you would have not have considered in this whole formula is the human element. Also not just including the end-user but black and abuse and the premier factor of trying to save money before performance.

Check out the great debate thread it just posted.

Also if you dont mind post this in the new one and delete this one pls. Want to keep this on the FAL, I kind of got carried away :rofl:

5 Likes

I digress though I like AKs just dont really care for7.62x39mm. My last AK was an Arsenal 106 (5.56) and it sucked pretty bad. My old Wasr and Saiga were good rifles though.

5 Likes

I thought this was my AR vs AK thread :rofl: ,no problem though

5 Likes

:visa:

To acknowledge your evil ways?

AK’s have a good rep for going bang when needed, great reason to choose one

If your planning a single day to shoot 50 yards

But if you plan to equip a group of average guys the AR is lighter, carries more ammo, has +200 yards average accuracy and is modular which allows for easy parts interchangeability,

so would you still wait or maybe load up with M4’s?

Sounds like a Mopar vs Chevy debate :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Knowing the meaning of arms of any weapon saw a lot of the accuracy problems. You can get a AK to go out pass 200m. Probably a Combat Zero which is around 300 meters. But in America we are obsessed with the cult of AR. With those that have worldwide experiment like the Europeans the Mongolians they’re using those 762 by 39 and reaching out and touching those that need to get got with consistency.

The Romanians used to make jokes about the Americans with all their gadgets but couldn’t hit the side of a barn. Without shooting fundamentals any weapon system is worthless no matter at what price tag it command or the materials and effort went into it. The AK has put a lot of bodies in the dirt and the cherry on top is when in 2012 I saw a AK that was all flower and decorated that was from the the late 70s still running strong. Carried by this older Afghani

5 Likes

Not sure which emoji is best here :rofl: or :facepalm:

Is our Military choosing weapons without logical reasoning?

If you were given only one would it be the AK?
If you were responsible to arm our soldiers would it be the AK?

Ergonomics is where the AK really falls short IMO, if you’re shooting and need to keep steel on target how does the charging handle on the right side help?
Or the need to rock in your mag, or use your thumb to drop one?

VS using your index finger to drop a mag, left hand to slide in a new one and charge the bolt?

Which is more likely to aid speed and keep steel on target?

Which is heavier?

Bulkier?

Has a 60 rd mag that takes up less space than a 30 round?

And you never seen his pinned up M4 centerfold back at his hut :shushing_face:

4 Likes

Didnt he ask us to post this stuff in another thread?

This is a FAL thread…supposedly…or maybe my post justvhad way too much facts backing the AR :thinking: …clever commie AK lovers

5 Likes

I made another thread for the debat so bring all your ammunition that you can to defend your self with :wink:

4 Likes

this is true mobile is not quick with the titles

4 Likes

The AK and AR thing is a preference decision, NOT which is best. both are fine weapons. for me i have to go with the AR platform and my reasons are this…

The ergonomics of the AK is horrible, the standard wood stocked version is way too short and just don’t feel right. Magpul does make furniture for them that solves most of that, but then you have an extra expense.

The stock sights on an AK suck, try exchanging sights on one, they make a glow post for the front sight, but i have seen nothing for the rear, but i haven’t looked in a while. An AR you can select from tons of sights that go on quick and easy.

I absolutely hate the safety on an AK, some of the AK variants have figured out to put the selector on both sides. plus you have the infamous AK clack. The charging handle i can deal with on the right side. the safety not so much.

Accuracy is no where near good as an AR, you can say it is but it’s not. At close range both may be close on it.

Again it’s personal preference. but i don’t know why i’m commenting as i don’t have experience with either of them.

5 Likes

Its all good. this was more a fun thing to do and get this whole forum portion of the website rolling its total fine if you have a preference. I did 6 years in the arm with the M16 and m4 family of weapons, i like them all expect the M16A2 that were shot out. favorite is the M16A4, now that was a laser beam of a rifle. soft recoil and easy to engage targets at distance with that 20 inch barrel. very forgiving as well.

As of the reliability of the AR platform, it comes down to maintenance of parts springs and barrel. I think there needs to be more about replacing gas rings and other high wear parts on the AR that would solve a lot of problems. It is sometime surprising that people don’t know you have to replace these small parts if they fail or after a high round count. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I’m not debating I’m trying to save your soul

5 Likes

Combloc sinners paradise :sunglasses:

5 Likes
5 Likes

I prefer to be on the “dark side of the moon”, like a “great gig in the sky” :wink: :sunglasses: :100:

5 Likes

Ive shot 5.56 AKs that were right around 2.5 moa out to at least 300ish yards(which is paper plate sized at that point). Thats only a .5 moa off from standard AR using that same ammo. Running 77 grain BH my buddy was doing 2 moa. The Gun was a heavily customized Saiga though. My Arsenal when running right was maybe 3 moa…I never really tested it much tbh, the POS was a POS

6 Likes

The author is well respected in his community of actual ninja types(face shooters), he mentions his personal experiences with the weapon in over two decades of serving in the most elite levels of the military.

Pat Rogers Filthy 14 BCM rifle , over 20k with no cleaning ran in his tactical training courses. He put over 50k with only a few issues.

https://www.slip2000.com/blog/s-w-a-t-magazine-filthy-14/

I personally ran a Colt 6920 over 7k with no broken or replaced parts and no cleaning, just lube. At least 2 k in training courses where I used 400-800 rounds of ammo in two days

6 Likes

Pfffttt! Amatuers. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes