• YES
  • NO

0 voters

11 Likes

1 Yes - like they have before
2 No - economic lines
3 NO - I follow no one.
4 Yes - One of the biggest emergency’s ever
5 Yes - politics drives the bus. Over the cliff.

4 Likes

5 - Depends on what you mean by politically driven. “Never let a crisis go to waste” is a long standing policy of many politicians, and Pelosi has made it perfectly clear that this crisis is no different, to her, than any other crisis/opportunity. Early on, democrats were attacking Trump, claiming he was promoting xenophobia over nothing, but now they are running alongside the Trump train, demanding that they be paid to get on.

4 Likes

I mean bases loaded with 2 strikes, Russia Hoax and Impeachment

But the poll is more about what others believe, strength comes from unity, even here with largely like minded people we do not appear to have unity

6 Likes

Most (if not all) politicians live on finding ways to take advantage of opportunities to advance their goals. Back when Trump started talking about restricting flights from China, the response from democrats was that he was promoting xenophobia, adding another weapon to his trade war with China, etc. People in the US mostly hadn’t noticed what was going on in China, yet.

When Amazon started having problems with “ships from China” items getting delayed, and pharmacies started having shortages (due to those also being impacted by delays from China), people gradually started noticing that something was not right in the world.

Then the House democrats had a closed door meeting, where Nadler tried to convince Pelosi to end the session and send everyone home (instead of having them stay in DC, where they were expected to mingle with each other and gather in groups to vote). Pelosi refused, likely because a) she would have been giving up, or postponing, some of her power, and b) she saw the possibility of opportunities to tack things onto legislation that “had to be passed”. Her recent efforts to push a 1400 page ‘coronavirus relief package’ that included things like carbon neutral requirements for airlines, diversity quotas, funding for ‘the arts’, etc, is evidence of her motives.

This issue would have been a problem, even if politics had not been involved. Politicians saw it as an opportunity, and some of the politics will end up making it an even bigger problem.

6 Likes

Since I elaborated on 5…

1 - Yes, but it will likely be limited to riots in areas that have already shown that they are prone to riots (the weather is getting warmer).

2 - There will be some trying to make it a party issue, but most will probably be in it for their own reasons (angry about how it has impacted them, looking for an excuse, etc).

3 - I was starting to take inventory of what I needed to ‘bug in’, and addressing any problems I found in that inventory, in February. I’ve seen enough panic buying for various emergencies of lower levels than this had the potential of being, to have an idea of what was likely coming. I’m getting too old, and too banged up, to be running out to join a crowd that is venting their anger over the situation.

4 - China shut down their country. Italy shut down their country. Other countries have been closing borders and/or partially shutting down. If it’s not a true emergency, quite a few governments are going to have some explaining to do.

5 Likes

World population 7.8 billion.
.006% of the world population confirmed by testing or diagnosed as having Wuhan virus.
.00028% of the world population has died from Wuhan virus.
.0015% of the world population has recovered from diagnosed cases of Wuhan infection.

3 Likes

No revolt any time soon, they have all the tools in place to quash anything. They don’t have to use any government agency physically, the propaganda machine will convince your neighbors to keep you in line. Only after enough people have lost family members to the coming police state will there be resistance. Like all authoritarian governments they will eventually push to far and the god given liberty we have will rise to the top again, just a matter of how much death and misery they will inflict before changing. Will it be Hitler level, Stalin level, or God forbid Mao level.

6 Likes

keep adding

2 Likes