The mans tool

Cleaning out my new garage and found this beauty

Has to be close to 3’ , anyone seen one before?

8 Likes

Harbor Freight brand

7 Likes

It’s NOT made in Chicago either. lol

7 Likes

See the date?

7 Likes

Hmmm, HF been around that long?

7 Likes

No idea, just found it today, the place is full of serious hardware, this was too crazy though to not find out more

8 Likes

Chicago Pneumatic was one of the first manufacturers of industrial pneumatic(air) tools. I have never seen one before either. Interesting, you sparked my curiosity. If you don’t know what it is,. Post more pics from different angles.

From the pics and you said it’s about 3ft in length, I’m going to guess some sort of large air ratchet, grinder or maybe a drill.

9 Likes

Says it’s made in NY too.

8 Likes

I got the HF mixed up their brands are Chicago Electric and Central Pnuematic.

8 Likes

It reads 3090 TABURA and has a 1/4" connect and 1/2" drive

ahhh, I didn’t realize the difference myself, good catch

8 Likes

off hand it appears not quite complete
Chicago Pneumatic

8 Likes

Strange looking it’s long, cumbersome and kind of franken-looking. It makes me wonder why? Form follows function, so I would be tempted to take it apart to see why…

5 Likes

That one is 23", I’ll measure this one up today, but now we know they’re called Nutrunner’s

lol, I never thought of that, figured it would make a nice wall hanger in the garage :grin:

8 Likes

I just grabbed one standing against a trash can, without including the 1/4" fitting it measures 31"

7 Likes

Is that a 1/2 inch adapter on the head or is it for 1/2 inch only. It looks too big to be a 1/2 inch drive. Seams it might be a 3/4 drive for working on large machines or locomotives.

7 Likes

I’ll check that tomorrow, we got hailed out today, beer 30 now :grin:

5 Likes

Cheers!

5 Likes

New York City… Get a rope

5 Likes

that shit wouldn’t’ fly today. ^^^^^

5 Likes

Ok so yes, there’s a larger square drive under it but it measures 5/8 with a tape, I’ll have to see if any of my 3/4" drive sockets fit it :man_shrugging:

5 Likes