The merits of the caliber debate with modern ammunition

+1 Program compliance is essential.

2 Likes

That’s a pretty neat article. Never thought about seeing the numbers like that.

4 Likes

Paul Harrell…meat targets. Lol

3 Likes

Lmao, yep!

3 Likes

gunarchy:

Glad you know about Paul Harrell. He is one of my favorite guns and ammo reviewers.

4 Likes

Paul Harrell is the man! I love watching him dismantle accepted theory lol.

5 Likes
6 Likes

Half the reason why my wife and I love his videos. The other is the humor both subtle and not so subtle like when he flips people off in the video. :smiley:

4 Likes

The pimp outfit one about killed me lol

4 Likes

omg yes. Gotta hunt for that one. I’m gonna start a topic of his videos. He and Brad (who runs his YT channel) absolutely need to come to full30.

3 Likes

Absolutely

2 Likes

Mister_Torgue:

Wow! It would be great if we could have/get Paul Harrell involved with Full30.

Any ideas on how to get him here?

2 Likes

15:23 bitch better have my money https://youtu.be/fA1QQYCLMaY

5 Likes

I just popped up on his new mossberg video and asked to at least join the forum. Back me up and show some love lol. Group effort.

5 Likes

I added a comment to that latest video.

3 Likes

Fixed the link for you.

5 Likes

ARNWRKR I hear that, its always a good idea to keep your Gauge close at hand!

4 Likes

I have a 9mm, .40, and .45. I hate the .40. I really enjoy my 9, and .45. Both seem to be nice rounds. Just my .02. Use both 9mm and .45 as carry. Have a subcompact in .40 for carry too, just haven’t done it. But I believe that placement is more important than caliber, especially with JHP.

2 Likes

Have you tried a full size .40? I think the choice of gun is a big part of the equation. A 9mm full size is going to be a lot more comfortable to shoot than a .40 subcompact, and the same goes for a 9mm subcompact and a full size .40. You can also trying finding different loads to shoot if you want to carry that subcompact; most companies do defensive rounds of either 180gr or 165gr, but you can find 155gr or even 135gr in .40, and it can really make a difference.

6 Likes

I will try that. I love the kimber tactical pro 1911. I need to get to the range more. It’s hard in the communist state of Maryland to find many places to shoot.

3 Likes