The merits of the caliber debate with modern ammunition

here is a video that puts the mouse guns in a poor light, but also equates to poor shot placement and training

8 Likes

OH man, I can’t believe they let him stand there and argue with them and they didn’t continue shooting.
Wow!!!

6 Likes

Ive been getting more and more concerned about sasquatch becoming an active shooter up here in the Pacific Northwest so I recommend magnum rounds or at least something with more wallop. If sasquatch comes in armored I fear no handgun would suffice though.

2 Likes

doubt you have anything to worry about

6 Likes

Yes they need some good training. It all boils down to shot placement it is a wonder that they didn’t hit each outher.

5 Likes

Them jail boys are some hard and tough individuals
Hard and thick- might need a buffalo gun LOL
Ad in some coke speed or crack and hommie becomes Superman. I remember one we treated had 9 holes in him - walking and screaming at the 2 young wide eyed PD officers that couldn’t believe he was still breathing.
Crazy world behind the libsuk curtain. Good thing LSM protects the public from the truth.

5 Likes

I don’t get into the politics of caliber, I don’t really care. My dad told me long ago, son the gun to carry is the one you shoot well and comfortably. Idont care if that’s a 22lr. So be it. My wife carries a 22lr. It doesn’t hurt her hand and she hits everything she shoots at well.
I mean in reality we are not trying to kill , all we want in my opinion is to stop the forward advance of the bad guy.Yes if you get the cracked out person on drugs then it really doesn’t matter but I don’t want to get shot with a bb gun. Much less anything else.

6 Likes

Well I keep a ruger 357 6 inch and a coonan 357 to end the conversion. Lol! :smile: just trying to be funny

5 Likes

That is ONE CRAZY VIDEO

2 Likes

This is why appeal to authority is a logical fallacy. Because what he said is demonstrably false.

3 Likes

Care to elaborate?

He is a respected instructor and a subject matter expert with a rather impressive resumè. Everyone is allowed an opinion though, whats your take on it?

6 Likes

LOL, good luck, Nick fly’s over with some carpet bombing at random intervals, some hit near the topic, some even timely

6 Likes

Well, to be honest I was going to fire back with an arrogant smart-ass response but decided against it, this discussion would be far more productive without the back and forth.

6 Likes

I follow a respected writer, Michael Yon. He has crazy amount of time in real combat.
Sorry, he is an idiot when it comes to weapons. Now hear me out…
His entire experience is bases solely on military ammo… ball, etc…
I have shot coyotes with 62 grain M855 and it passes straight through them and they keep on running. Lucky for me, I found them later.
Shot one with a 55 grain HP round.
Looked like I have set off dynamite inside him.
I run HOT loads, with medium weight projectiles in that given calliber. This is pistol, rifle, or shotgun… at max velocity…
And they are hollow points.
Even in 22LR there is a difference between a Round nose and a CCI stinger.
I have shot thousands of gofers to know that.
I still chose to carry, or have access to the biggest weapon I can get for the situation.
Inside my house, handguns and rifles… plus a few shotguns loaded with buckshot and slugs.

8 Likes

Not a fan of 18 holes, aye?

5 Likes

I get what youre saying. My response is that TMAC and Yon are completely different people , the former being not just a military guy/instructor but also a LE and civilian self-defense instructor that has been instructing for a few decades. Also from what I gather he is a gun guy with tons of knowledge on this stuff including ballistics.

Im pretty sure given his background that he wouldn’t have been restricted to ball ammo for his line of work so his ammo advice is most likely based on his experiences.

I’m not saying anyone is wrong here though just posting some articles from him I found interesting

Ive never read anywhere if he is a hunter though. Most of his talk is on gunfighting against people from active shooter, ccw stuff to full on team stuff.

Here’s some good stuff on him:

4 Likes

Despite what TMACs article or anyone else’s says I still have more confidence in the .45 acp and will most likely go that route for my next pistol. I would go 10mm but I dont have any ammo for it and ammo is scarce right now.

3 Likes

Here’s a good article on 1911s, I get the feeling even the pros have varying opinions.

6 Likes

I’m so proud of you for finally kickin the meth addiction! Good to see you’re thinking clearly again :rofl:

4 Likes

Eh, I like 9mm but .45 is more reassuring. I will still argue that 9mm is a good round though and plan on getting another one later on.

5 Likes