The Mighty Mississippi

The Mississippi River from Mosquito Park in Burlington, IA. 11/26/2022
She’s not looking so mighty right now with the low water table. :frowning:

8 Likes

I don’t know it to know whats low, is it just seasonally low?

Bit of an eerie photo

7 Likes

It’s unusually low because due to lack of rain through the end of summer and the fall. There are places where they are having to reroute river traffic because the channels have gotten too shallow.

Just a cold November day.

6 Likes
7 Likes

It has come up some . We had areas on the Missouri section where you could walk to some islands without getting your feet wet in early August.

7 Likes

That’s good to know. I was hearing panic reports that it could take several years to get back to normal levels. Wasn’t sure how much of that to believe though.

5 Likes

These days you can’t even believe your own lying eyes anymore… lol

4 Likes

The preacher man says it’s the end of time And the Mississippi River, she’s a goin’ dry
The interest is up and the stock market’s down And you only get mugged if you go downtown…

Ive heard this before

4 Likes

The End takes a long minute… when it comes. For some it will be a 1000 years… For others a blink of the Eye, and then:

KJV REV: 11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Interesting to me that both the earth and the heaven fled away from the face of him that sat on the great white throne.

Current ‘Scientific’ thinking…

2 Likes
2 Likes