The Official Good Morning and BS'n thread (Part 2)

As far as i know they still don’t know what happened. He was going looking for salt water deer and boom.
All on his house camera. He stepped out, rang the bell/ tried the door and his wife came out and he collapsed.
I played darts agains him and the wife going back to before katrina

8 Likes

Ours didnt have the butt board but same brand with rip stop lanyards most of the time since we predominantly worked well in excess of the minimum fall clearance.

7 Likes

I’m on workman’s comp right now.
Worse comes to worse I can retire.
Not ready for that yet.

7 Likes

We were always too high. Lol
I started when we wore linemen’s belts, if we wanted. By the end we had a rip pack and two bungee hooks for when we weren’t working on a rope. Back in the day I even taught high angle rescue.

7 Likes

So you know what it feels like to really be “high” :smirk:
The highest I was ever on a tower was 200ft or there abouts , bridge 120+.
Scariest feeling is being on one down in the superstructure while a train goes over top. It will unnerve you the forst time you feel that thing shake as it goes over top.

7 Likes

The highest ever for me was only 780’ but the base was hundreds above the river. That’s one that I climbed one time to work on it, and when I started up it was raining. I was the FNG so I got the nod. The other 2 guys decided to be ground pounders. By the time I got to my elevation I was above the clouds in the sun. It was qlorious, 1000’ above the river tied to a piece of steel surrounded by a sea of clouds, mt tops sticking up throuvh them like islands. Heck I just got big smile remembering that. Almost as big as the one I got when those soaked mud covered slackers saw my sun burn and realized what happened.

7 Likes

Good morning folks and Happy St Paddy’s!

511 inches over in Jackson…

8 Likes

Good morning Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

8 Likes

image :four_leaf_clover:

7 Likes

Mornin folks

7 Likes

Good morning :coffee:

7 Likes

Yep…

Cuz that aint my problem :rofl:

8 Likes

Have to wonder who’s next

8 Likes

Who’s gonna go arrest him? whatever country they are from would quickly be in a war with them.

9 Likes

Well, who, good question, any bounty and it might be private mercenaries, would that surprise you?

8 Likes

Man… 20 years ago i was in dublin with a green afro wig.

8 Likes

8 Likes

LMAO!

“can be interpreted as a surreptitious disenfranchisement of the river.”

7 Likes

I wonder if they know the rest of the story…

Chicago, IL

The Chicago River is perhaps the most well-known river dyed on St. Patrick’s Day and for a good reason considering over 400,000 onlookers emerge each year to witness the river’s emerald green makeover. This fun tradition has a unique origin story completely unrelated to St. Patrick’s Day.

The year was 1961, and the Chicago River was polluted with sewage. Chicago’s Mayor, Richard J. Daley, wanted to find the culprit who was ruining the waters; therefore, he authorized special green dye to be poured into a portion of the river to see where the dumping originated. This project gave Stephen Bailey—a friend of Daley’s and the city’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade chairman—the bright idea of turning the entire river green using orange powder (a secret formula).

Thus, the St. Patty’s tradition began and continues to this day. The 64 th annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade begins Saturday, March 16 th. The dyeing process starts at 9 am, and the river only stays green for roughly 5 hours.

Well Mikey Obummer liked the tradition so much that He/She took the tradition to the Whitehouse and dyed the fountains. Here's the low down on a few others too.

Washington, D.C.

Chicago’s tradition was brought to the White House during the Obama administration. Former first lady Michelle Obama grew up in the Windy City, so she wanted to pay homage to her hometown’s tradition by dyeing the North Lawn and the South Lawn fountains bright green. This tradition has carried on with Trump’s administration, and the fountains will once again be dyed green in honor of St. Patrick’s Day.

San Antonio, TX

The next city to follow suit after Chicago was San Antonio in 1968. While Chicago had a pollution problem, San Antonio’s River Walk had a financial problem regarding tourists: they had none. A group of River Walk business owners wanted to attract more tourists, so they obtained military-style dye marker packs originally used by parachutists to make the San Antonio River fluorescent green for St. Patrick’s Day. This practice continues today, although they now use an eco-friendly dye in place of the dye marker packs which refused to dissolve. Over 75,000 people witness the greening of the river each year, and 50,000 others watched it via Facebook Live in 2018. Unlike the Chicago River’s green dye which only lasts a few hours, the San Antonio River stays colored for 2-3 days.

Savannah, GA

Savannah was the first city to dye their river green. So, why does Chicago get all the fame? It’s because Savannah failed miserably. When they tried to dye their river green in 1961, it all filtered away due to the fast-moving tide (the opposite issue San Antonio had). This anti-climactic result led Savannah to dye just nine fountains throughout the city. The most famous fountain dyed green is the Forsyth Fountain.

Indianapolis, IN

While Indianapolis doesn’t dye a river for this holiday, they do dye the Downtown canal. Greening of the Canal is on March 14 th (earlier than the other cities’ festivities) where live music and dancing also occurs. This will be the 23 rd annual dyeing of the canal, and the green coloring is expected to last 2-4 days.

Charlotte, NC

Charlotte takes a fun twist on turning a river green; they also attempt to dye people green. The U.S. National Whitewater Center will host its 10 th annual Green River Revival, a full day of fun St. Patrick’s Day themed festivities, on March 16 th. Before dyeing their river and canal green, USNWC offers a 5k run where participants try to avoid (or indulge) in the green dye placed throughout the trail system. The river is then turned green in the shape of a four-leaf clover.

Tampa, FL

Unlike the previously mentioned cities, Tampa is new to dyeing its river green. On March 16 th, the Hillsborough River will turn green for its 8 th time. A non-toxic dye, the same used in food and during eye surgeries, is used to transform the river. The dyeing process is like Chicago’s because they both use an orange powder that changes the water green for 5 hours.

7 Likes

Im out for the night big trip today talk about tomorrow

8 Likes