The official Mosin thread

When you say discard, you mean sell to me for $75 +tax…otherwise, I report you to the firearms version of PETA!

7 Likes

I am happy with the results of the dyeing test.
Have been thinking of replacing this stock since I added that cheek riser.

And I cant remember how well she shoots. It has been a while. But she is coming with me to the range soon in her new dress.

5 Likes

I just might take you up on that. But first I will take it to the range in current condition.

6 Likes

For those in the DFW Texas area Cabela’s in Allen TX has a full rack of 91/30’s. I almost bought a ‘32 Hex head yesterday… Shit I’m tempted to take my Makarov up there and trade for it. LOL

5 Likes

That is actually pretty cool…how do you dye a stock like that?

1 Like

Take a look here.

7 Likes

Very cool…thanks, I missed that thread. A lot of good info there.

6 Likes

Thanks

4 Likes

I just learned of a new variant of the Mosin Nagant. Well, I dunno if it is technically a variant but…

Jeez, just imagine the recoil…

6 Likes

Owwwwwwwwwchhhhhh! :woozy_face:

Is that the Rusky version of the “Liberator” pistol?

5 Likes

Here is the barrel shank of my M1938 carbine I procured from AimSurplus in 2007. Anyone know what all the marks mean? Btw it’s an all-matching(stamped) rearsenal.

4 Likes

I can only help with a few. I’m sure some one here has a whole lot more information than I do.

Low center triangle with arrow is: USSR (Izhevsk Arsenal; post 1929 parts making)

The square with the line through the middle is: USSR (post World War II, arsenal-refinished metal parts)

Center top faded stamp: USSR (Izhevsk Arsenal, 1929
The information was obtained by the book written by Terence W Lapin, The Mosin-Nagant Rifle 3rd Edition.

5 Likes

For grins I’ll post up my two Mosins. So, which one was the former PU sniper? Take a guess. Should be easy for a Mosin enthusiast. :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks.

3 Likes

Bottom one is your former sniper, comrade :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Correctamundo!

3 Likes

Reviving this one, is the cleaning really that bad with the corrosive ammo for Mosin nagant guns?

I haven’t checked the price on non corrosive, but can, idk if they even sell it, haven’t looked

Was thinking about getting one bit back but went semi auto ar15 instead…

5 Likes

consider also if its corrosive to the gun are you breathing it?

3 Likes

secret to corrosive ammo is windex…
and it will leave it streak free

3 Likes

I bleed gun powder and have veins of steel? :slight_smile:

5 Likes