The Official SKS (CCCP)

My recent addition to the Family
a pre50 1st GRAU stamped Tula SKS (might be 48ish by four digit serial)
and with it came a 1944 Izzy TT-33, holster, mag x2, cleaning rod, landyard all for $345.

Very nice, srdiver!

Looks much nicer than the SKS I used to have (now, why did I sell it? dang!)

My father has a 1952 Russian SKS, which we plan to fully disassemble and clean this weekend. My 75 year-old shooting buddy doesn’t shoot anymore, so he is now my cleaning, preservation, and historical discussion buddy. :wink: Anyway, it has a serial number with 2 letters and 4 numbers…all matching. I am not familiar with SKS history, so what is a GAU marking and where is it located? Thanks.

misspelled GAU should have been GRAU
All of the SKS I have seen have the factory date and stamp on the body cover

My SKS only has the 1st GRAU Arsenal and leads me to think it started it’s life as a SKS-45, however it has the Star stamp on the side of the receiver and other parts.

on Soviet SKS I have seen in stores they also may have a “ГИС” marking in a diamond - which is Russian “State Proof Service” (Государственная Ипьітательная Служба).
I will also be digging deeper and stripping the stock and checking the trigger to see if auto/semi disconnect is present.

Great info! I will report back with my findings. Thank you!!!

$345? Ok, you drive a hard bargain. I’ll take it.

buying another Russian not sure about date (private sale) C$400 - comes with spam can and some loose rounds
pictures to follow