The Psychology of Power – How to Dethrone Tyrants

Im really digging this blog

"Some may think that time is still on our side, and that if things get really bad, enough people will then take the appropriate stand on the side of freedom. But to take this passive approach is to flirt with danger. For one of the most important lessons of the 20th century is that when totalitarianism is unleashed on a population it proves very difficult to internally dislodge. Unless we are vigilant in protecting our freedoms they will be taken from us for as Voltaire noted “So long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those who wish to tyrannize will do so.” "

10 Likes

I agree, excellent take on subjects that are often turned into psycho babble. I listen to him on podcasts, been tempted to pay and see what else he has on the site.
On the subject of overthrowing tyranny I have been re-reading The Politics of Obedience : The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude by Etienne De Louisiana Boetie, over 400 years old but never more relevant.

8 Likes

I am considering it too. One hell of a recommended reading list on there too. More people should read that blog, his mindset is beyond the usual political drivel and really touches on freedom,liberty and understanding the social issues we are zeeing in modern society.

7 Likes

but… you get all that here and haven’t paid a dime :thinking:

7 Likes

Lol I never understood the payment process here. I dont need anything from it but I remember being a little confused by the process at the time.

6 Likes

Oh hell bro, tell me, what’cha need?

Mailing address?
Direct deposit info?
Paypal?

You get to where you can help out and we’ll be sure to accommodate :grin:

4 Likes

Bump

4 Likes

Cut the federal government from your life every way possible, never stop thinking of new ways to cut them out! Choices got us here, only choices will change it…

6 Likes