The reason for "Cash for clunkers

No leftist is honest. Bernie is close, but he still lies. Cash for clunkers was not to stimulate the economy. It doesn’t grow when it is redistributed…it is just that, redistributed. The left knows this. So, why did they want common people in very new or new cars? All of their actions that make no sense is to gain control. Almost all new cars have USB and internet capable hook up. So your car can be shut down remotely. Don’t doubt it. Keep the older car running. Anything from 1996 and newer, that doesn’t take a USB or have internet, or satellite, is good to go, and extremely reliable compared to just 10 years prior. Some cars before 1996 had the better technology, that can be shown on a case by case basis if you ask.

GM’s intentions are not wrong. But don’t think the left doesn’t promote it and say it is safe for customers, develop the technology, here is a billion dollars to work on it.

6 Likes

^ I can definitely see where this is a possibility.

4 Likes

a lot of the vehicle tech can be disabled…a lot of videos on YT showing how to remove it completely…

6 Likes

Now that’s what I’m talking about.

6 Likes

Cash for clunkers is a carbon tax scheme.
Cap and trade they call it out in Kommiefornistan.
Polluting companies are subject to fines.
To avoid fines, they must offset their emmisions.
One way to do this is by crushing cars and therby getting “clean air credits”.
It does not matter if the car was on the road or not.
They formulate each car as having X emissions.
By tacking that car off the road, they get credit to pollute X amount without penalty.

It is an absurd and stupid scheme.

5 Likes

I think this is far fetched. In fact the reason for cash for clunkers wasn’t even for redistribution or just to give money. It was for greener cars.

3 Likes

Really?
So who is buying the credits the state gives to crush those cars?
Check it out.

3 Likes

I hate the result, cars I used to get for nothing now cost thousands,

absurd and stupid, like this?

Should say free barn find, its a beat up rusty wreck, not even 4x4

This one claims you won’t be disappointed, pfffft, just seeing the ad is a disappointment

4 Likes

Yes really. The purpose of the cash for clunkers program was to remove older, inefficient cars from the road, and stimulate the auto industry, which had fallen on hard times during the last recession. It gave a motivation to buy newer vehicles.

As most government programs do it also had unintended consequences. Like older cars going up in value due to less in circulation. But all government programs that deviate from free market has unintended consequences. Much like employer Payed health care came from the government putting a cap on pay during the Great Depression.

Just because there were unintended consequences that make it look like the intent was different it still doesn’t change the original intent.

4 Likes

Screw the populous.

4 Likes

Definitely caused the debt to go up.

4 Likes

They can have my 7.3 when they pry my cold dead hands from it.

8 Likes

Same with my first generation Dodge Cummins.

5 Likes

Lol, since when was a '78 Malibu ever considered a “classic”?
:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I was thinking the same thing about my HEMIs.

5 Likes

They are not greener. CO2 is not destroying the planet. It is so the cars can be shut down remotely.

3 Likes

No. The intention was not good. Stop thinking liberals are stupid. You are stupid (not you personally) if you think they don’t know what they are doing. Sabotage of the country is the goal. They hate this country because it spreads the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the people used to be free.

4 Likes

:man_facepalming: :tinfoil:

5 Likes

Take it easy on him, he’s trying, the best we can do is encourage him off the weed

4 Likes

IDK Weed makes one m e l l o w. Hell it’s medicinal in many places now.
Alcohol causes the most problems IMHO.

Never had to fight a stoner with weed muscles.
Fought plenty of drunks with beer muscles though.

5 Likes