The Revolver hidden advantage to shooting better.

7 Likes

You might be able to get the same advantage from a double action only semi-auto, but except for some pocket pistols, nobody is really making those anymore.

Guess they’re unaware if Glocks

8 Likes

Well one round double , like a sig or Glock vs. Shooting cylinder after cylinder of double action honing those shooting skills.

6 Likes

No, each shot is double action, like a hammer being drawn back with the trigger in a revolver the striker pin in a Glock is also being drawn back with the trigger, at no point is a Glock single action or cocked

7 Likes

@Robert hope your enjoying all of these wheel gun post.

I will win you over to the revolver side.
Even the guy that invented the wheel went from a square one to a round one and felt the difference :rofl: he was Amazed how smooth it was .
True story :yep:

7 Likes

I’ve had some nice wheel guns, here’s a couple pics, I never cataloged my pics, hard to find, I did favor Smiths but have had others

its not that I don’t like them, they’re just not my preference

7 Likes

@Robert got get hip again and go back to the wheel those square’s arent as fun… :rofl:

6 Likes

Nice revolvers , Ido think S&W makes the best DA trigger out there.

6 Likes

The P220 is single/Double and the wheel gun is way longer pull than the auto.

Tend to use both single action, 50 years of 1911s will do that to ya.

5 Likes

That why when youbmaster the DA trigger it will increase your skill set in an auto.

I trained and even qualified in a wheel gun in the police academy. And had been using one for yrs before hand. I credit that with my steady hand. When I was forced to use an auto I had zero difficulties. It truly was Soooo easy to group very well with the autos

6 Likes

Its like going back to the basics to become a better auto shooter.

6 Likes